IT help!

Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:41 pm
MDA
Forum Regular

MDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the rough
Default IT help!

Hi all, just looking for some help with a subject I have little knowledge of!

I am buying a lap top for my Daughter and I want to make sure that what I buy will work ok in Australia. I have been looking at a Dell machine and my only concern is that on the information for the wireless connection it states - Dellâ„¢ Wireless 1390 802.11b/g Mini-Card - Europe - Pentium Dual Core Only. Does this mean that I would only be able to use the wireless feature in Europe? I know this is probably a really silly question, but only to someone who knows the answer.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mandy
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

the_jones_family is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IT help!

The short anser is it will work fine....

the geeky tech bit for anyone that cares :

wifi works in the 2.4ghz band which is split into 14 channels each region licences which of these channels can be used for example in the US you can only use channels 1 to 11 in Japan only channel 14 europe and Australia both use channels 1 to 13

so anything marked europe will work perfectly in Aus

any questions PM me
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:41 pm
MDA
Forum Regular

MDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IT help!

Thank you for replying.

PM to follow!

thanks again.

Mandy