help 457

Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of
Exclamation help 457

I wonder if you would be able to give me some advise regarding the possibility of my father-in-law (to be), being able to live in Australia.

My partner (his daughter) and I are awaiting response to our application for a 136 skilled independent

(Carpenter/Joiner).

Now I’d better tell you as much as I can about my father in law (to be):-

His he is 49 years old and has been married to his wife for 30 years. They have 3 children together, two of them will be staying in england.

He is a qualified Carpenter/Joiner of nearly 20 years experience and has worked as Forman for at least 10 years, and for the last 6 months he has been self employed. He has all his qualifications and referances from past employment.

. They are in good health with no criminal convictions. They own there own property, on the sale of which they would be taking the money with them.
Would it be possible for him to get a 457 and then apply for permanent residence.

Thanks
Lee
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help 457

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
I wonder if you would be able to give me some advise regarding the possibility of my father-in-law (to be), being able to live in Australia.

My partner (his daughter) and I are awaiting response to our application for a 136 skilled independent

(Carpenter/Joiner).

His he is 49 years old and has been married to his wife for 30 years. They have 3 children together, two of them will be staying in england.

He is a qualified Carpenter/Joiner of nearly 20 years experience and has worked as Forman for at least 10 years, and for the last 6 months he has been self employed. He has all his qualifications and referances from past employment.

. They are in good health with no criminal convictions. They own there own property, on the sale of which they would be taking the money with them.
Would it be possible for him to get a 457 and then apply for permanent residence.

Thanks
Lee
An employer would have to sponsor him for a 457 visa.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:40 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help 457

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade

(Carpenter/Joiner).

Thanks
Lee

Permanent residence through employer nomination might be possible, however there are a lot of hoops to jump through - any one of which could scupper the application. And anyone aged 45 or over has to persuade DIMA to waive the age bar that normally applies to this kind of permanent visa. Having a 457 would not in itself necessarily help, sorry.

So not an easy option.

You should get some professional advice on this. Download and read migration booklet 5 in the meantime.

Unfortunately, with only 1 child out of 3 in Australia, a Contributory Parent visa won't be an option either medium term - unless one of the other siblings decides also to emigrate.