Help.....

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Katie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really nice
Default Help.....

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to start a new life in Australia on your own? After a very long visa application period which was finally granted, selling a house and giving up jobs my partner has decided he isn't ready to go and doesn't know if/when he ever can
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:35 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help.....

Originally Posted by Katie G
Can anyone tell me how easy it is to start a new life in Australia on your own? After a very long visa application period which was finally granted, selling a house and giving up jobs my partner has decided he isn't ready to go and doesn't know if/when he ever can
Katie there have been a couple of posts similar to this of late, hopefully you'll get some answers soon
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:37 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Why doesn't your partner want to go Katie?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

price28 is an unknown quantity at this point

It would depend on your circumstances
Are you ready to give up your partner? could you live without them?? is he caling your bluff and if you said you was going would then would he change his mind ?

I dont know about spending it and starting all on my own but i do know that people live on their own in every country in the world and it depends on how much you want it. Could you get a god job ? could you rent on your own ? its a very big step to come on your own, but if you stay in England are you going to stay in the relationship ?
Sorry not much help i know but i think you have a lot of questions you need to answer first.
Joanne
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:01 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Katie that is a hard one.

I know in our initial stages of our application, we were both so Australia focused that we agreed that if one of us changed our mind the other would go, even if it meant the other retraining in order to get there.

We were so firm in that belief that I shudder when I remember it and how strong we felt.

I would talk about Australia with no real thought for friends or family and how they would be feeling.

'It is our dream, I cant wait to leave the UK' I would say quite bluntly and sort of ignored my Dads hurt expression. In hindsight, a bit more tact, more communication would not have gone amiss.

Well circumstances have changed (not so nice), and over a year in waiting for the visa (still waiting), we have sort of come a full circle.

Im not saying that either one of us have lost sight of our dream. But we have agreed that when we get there, if one of us isnt happy, we will give it a committed amount of time to try and work at and take it from there.

But, and its a big but. We have both realised what is important in our lives and that is each other and what we have here and now.

Yes, I want to go to Australia more than anything and so does my husband. But I told him the other day that Australia wouldnt quite be the same for me if he wasnt there to share it.

And that basically, I don't care where I live as long as it is with him. Sounds bloody corny and pass the sick bucket I know.

But after losing someone I love, I now know for sure that I personally, would put always put him (my husband) before Australia, because we have a history that has taken nearly 17 years to build (16 of marriage).

Everyone's circumstances are different in life and if you truly believe that you want to move in this direction to fulfill your own dreams, then I think you will find the determination from somewhere to make it work and you will succeed.

Do think long and hard, don't rush and when you do finally make a decision, then you know you have made the right one for you.

Good luck.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Katie that is a hard one.

And that basically, I don't care where I live as long as it is with him. Sounds bloody corny and pass the sick bucket I know.

But after losing someone I love, I now know for sure that I personally, would put always put him (my husband) before Australia, because we have a history that has taken nearly 17 years to build (16 of marriage).
This one makes a change from the usual dump whomever if they don't want to come with you they are a loser etc

Don't find your post corny just honest
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:27 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
This one makes a change from the usual dump whomever if they don't want to come with you they are a loser etc

Don't find your post corny just honest
Tell you the truth, my husband found out last week that the situation in his country is not looking good. Bombing police stations/embassies that kind of thing.

Muslim extremists increasing their activity.

So he really fears for his loved ones there.

We have both had a difficult time, which has ended up in a huge shift in emotions.

To tell you the truth, even if I changed my mind (doubtful) I would go for him and I think he would do the same for me.

But I cannot imagine going without him at all.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:23 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

firstly have u validated ur visa's yet? who is the main applicant? If your partner is the main app then you cant go without him he needs to validate his visa before/at the same time as you
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Katie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really niceKatie G is just really nice

Thanks for all your replies. I really don't know why the change of heart but think its just being totally frightened of the whole thing now it's reality. I would always put our relationship first but things have become so difficult, it's a real toughie.