Reload this Page >

Help :176 Visa (job)

Help :176 Visa (job)

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help :176 Visa (job)

Hi All
I came on 176 visa to brisbane and all you know that it is my Morale responsibility to stay in this state for first 2 years. Since IT market is slow the turn around time is also very slow. Since one month i am not getting and calls from client/vendor and not getting short listed may be factor that limited vacancy and large volume of applicants.However i am getting calls from melbourne. Suppose if i accept the employment and and work in victoria or any other state what are all the consequences i need to face. Did any one come under this situation. Please let me know.Do i need to inform state government > Please let me know

Thanks and Regards
Dhama
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help :176 Visa (job)

Yes, you need to inform the state government. You are expected to live and work in the sponsoring state for 2 years on a state sponsored 176. In all honesty 1 month is not nearly long enough before giving up and moving interstate.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:16 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dhama
Hi All
I came on 176 visa to brisbane and all you know that it is my Morale responsibility to stay in this state for first 2 years. Since IT market is slow the turn around time is also very slow. Since one month i am not getting and calls from client/vendor and not getting short listed may be factor that limited vacancy and large volume of applicants.However i am getting calls from melbourne. Suppose if i accept the employment and and work in victoria or any other state what are all the consequences i need to face. Did any one come under this situation. Please let me know.Do i need to inform state government > Please let me know

Thanks and Regards
Dhama
You only arrived on August 26th, It hasn't even been a month !
I think you need to invest in a little patience here.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks dorothy. I feel very much because i had resigned my job in usa and came here with lot of hopes. But In oz market they expect that we should call recruiter every now and then and request them to push the resume to client. If you apply directly to the client the send usual automated response that 'unfortunately you are not successful this time' It is painful . After having 10 years experience in IT industry my application not getting short listed by Poor mapping skills by the recruiters.Hoping for the best.

Thanks and Regards
Dhama

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes, you need to inform the state government. You are expected to live and work in the sponsoring state for 2 years on a state sponsored 176. In all honesty 1 month is not nearly long enough before giving up and moving interstate.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:28 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

It is not unusual for Australian employers to want to see Australian experience on a resume therefore it might take some time to obtain a job. Added to this the job market is pretty slow due to the current economic climate.

It's not unusual to be out of work for months before finding a job, even if highly skilled. Have you thought about applying for jobs a little lower down the ladder than you are used to? This might elevate your value to a perspective employer.

Good luck mate
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dhama
Thanks dorothy. I feel very much because i had resigned my job in usa and came here with lot of hopes. But In oz market they expect that we should call recruiter every now and then and request them to push the resume to client. If you apply directly to the client the send usual automated response that 'unfortunately you are not successful this time' It is painful . After having 10 years experience in IT industry my application not getting short listed by Poor mapping skills by the recruiters.Hoping for the best.

Thanks and Regards
Dhama
It takes time. You have no Australian experience and sorry to say US experience counts for nothing here. My husband had over 20 years experience as an electronics engineer with a major American company (in the Toronto branch) and could not find work here for over 9 months. No Australian experience means nobody cares what you did in your previous job.

Yes, here you are expected to keep trying at recruiters and you will get knocked back a few times.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

Thats good advice guys...I may be in a similar boat as "dhama" soon..