Help

Old Apr 1st 2003, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help

Help!!!!!

Part of the migration form (47SK) asks for the numbers of any previous visas for entry into Australia. We have the numbers of an old visa attached to passports. However we had made a visit to Australia using the ETA (Electronic Travel Authority), this is the new visa for short visits and is 'invisible'. We do not have these ETA visa numbers, are they required and if so how do we go about finding them?

Also how do you provide 'Proof of employment' without tipping off your current employer to your plans.

Cheers

Andy
Old Apr 1st 2003, 6:29 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy..
Cant help you re the ETA sorry.

However a word of warning re trying not to tell employers...

I tried my best not to tell mine. I was asked for further info last november re references from present employer. I asked a colleague to do it and 4 months later was told that it wasnt acceptable...I have therefore told my emplyers last week and they have actually been very supportive and done the ref very quickly.
What a waste of 4 flippin months though eh??

As it happens we can't go until August due to my eldest son's studies...but the waiting is killing me...I only applied last July but being a nurse thought that I would have got it sorted much much quicker..
If your a subcontractor as my hubby is then I suppose it's extremely difficult. We didnt want to tell my hubby's employers so what we did was ask them for info re proof of employment with all the necessary details..pretended that it was for mortgage purposes. (we needed hubby's info because we had his skills assessed too for the extra 5 points)

Hope this helps

good luck!
Old Apr 1st 2003, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Yvonne,
That is a great idea re the mortgage.

Cheers

karen and andy
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help

Just put ETA and the dates. They don't need a number...
Mash..

Originally posted by karen and andy
Help!!!!!

Part of the migration form (47SK) asks for the numbers of any previous visas for entry into Australia. We have the numbers of an old visa attached to passports. However we had made a visit to Australia using the ETA (Electronic Travel Authority), this is the new visa for short visits and is 'invisible'. We do not have these ETA visa numbers, are they required and if so how do we go about finding them?

Also how do you provide 'Proof of employment' without tipping off your current employer to your plans.

Cheers

Andy