Hells Bells

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:33 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hells Bells

Just called home for some tools to do a job and it's just started hailstoning like I've never seen before. I've heard they are big in Australia but these are only about the size of marbles and sting like hell god only knows what the golf ball sized ones are like:scared: :scared:
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 11:09 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hells Bells

Originally posted by cresta57
Just called home for some tools to do a job and it's just started hailstoning like I've never seen before. I've heard they are big in Australia but these are only about the size of marbles and sting like hell god only knows what the golf ball sized ones are like:scared: :scared:

I got caught in a hail/rain downpour yesterday picking my kids up from school (why am I ALWAYS the last parent still standing there waiting for my kids to appear? )
I felt great by time I got home.........achieved a great new look.....it's called 'drowned rat'
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 1:25 pm
WBB

Originally posted by artep
I got caught in a hail/rain downpour yesterday picking my kids up from school (why am I ALWAYS the last parent still standing there waiting for my kids to appear? )
I felt great by time I got home.........achieved a great new look.....it's called 'drowned rat'

lol, it always seems i am the last parent waiting for the ankle biters at the school gate aswell.

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 1:53 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I've heard they can dent your car out there Don't know if its true.

We did see a few belters when we there last. I remember standing under the tin roofed car port, and the sound was nearly deafening.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 3:31 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi PeteY,

Yep, big hale stones can leave you with a whole new look to your car:scared: :scared:

Bye
Markeh

Last edited by markeh; Oct 23rd 2003 at 3:34 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

HAHAHAH
this made me laugh, from now on when im the only parent left waiting at the gate looking like a 'drowned rat' i'll think of you!
why is it that when you are looking like the above and the only parent in the world at the gate, that your child comes out of school, across the playground in slow motion???
hahahaha
rach
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:51 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nosuchluck
HAHAHAH
this made me laugh, from now on when im the only parent left waiting at the gate looking like a 'drowned rat' i'll think of you!
why is it that when you are looking like the above and the only parent in the world at the gate, that your child comes out of school, across the playground in slow motion???
hahahaha
rach

Yea and when they eventually get to you they are oblivious to your 'damp' state and twitter on about what they've been up to all day.....
Then when you ask them exactly where they've been for the last christ knows how long and they reply 'oh talking to sam/amy'
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:56 pm
WBB

Yea and when they eventually get to you they are oblivious to your 'damp' state and twitter on about what they've been up to all day.....
Then when you ask them exactly where they've been for the last christ knows how long and they reply 'oh talking to sam/amy'

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:59 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by markeh
Hi PeteY,

Yep, big hale stones can leave you with a whole new look to your car:scared: :scared:

Bye
Markeh
Plenty of work for me out there then.

Arron
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:34 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The hail storm in Sydney a few years back caused the biggest Australian insurance payout ever. Undercover parking is a good idea for more than keeping the car out of the sun.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I've not seen the golf ball sized ones myself....yet! We had some pea-sized ones a couple of weeks back and I slid down my back steps as I rushed out to get the washing - like treading on ball bearings!

My sister has a farm up in Mildura (she grows table grapes) - a couple of years back they lost half their crop due to a hailstorm. They certainly are pretty vicious.

HP