British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   hello from yorkshire (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/hello-yorkshire-280967/)

crozz Jan 30th 2005 3:43 pm

hello from yorkshire

hi everyone new to this site family of four medicals sent off just waiting for our visas hardest part. going to tas via stni any help and advice would be appreciated thanks

possoms Jan 30th 2005 3:48 pm

Re: hello from yorkshire

Originally Posted by crozz
hi everyone new to this site family of four medicals sent off just waiting for our visas hardest part. going to tas via stni any help and advice would be appreciated thanks

Hi welcome we are also off to Tas STNI seems your further down the road than us though our agent is just in the process of sending our visa app off. I am also from sunny yorkshire though live in derbyshire now.

Kay :)

tiredwithtwins Jan 30th 2005 5:13 pm

hullo,
and welcome to the madhouse!
im in sheffield......jsut waiting to acquire extra hours at work to satisfy dimia, so you will all be out there and settled by the time i get there!!!
hopefully going to brissie, where are you heading?

sue :D :D :D

crozz Jan 30th 2005 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hullo,
and welcome to the madhouse!
im in sheffield......jsut waiting to acquire extra hours at work to satisfy dimia, so you will all be out there and settled by the time i get there!!!
hopefully going to brissie, where are you heading?

sue :D :D :D

its right what they say you do get hooked on this site.i must add that its taken us 18 months to get to this stage and still dont know for sure that weve been accepted.we are heading for hobart but intend to travel around tas.

Sandy.l Jan 30th 2005 6:42 pm

its right what they say you do get hooked on this site.i must add that its taken us 18 months to get to this stage and still dont know for sure that weve been accepted.we are heading for hobart but intend to travel around tas.

Where are you in Yorkshire Crozz? I'm from York but live near Durham at the moment.

Sandy

crozz Jan 30th 2005 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Sandy.l
Where are you in Yorkshire Crozz? I'm from York but live near Durham at the moment.

Sandy

hi sandy im in a little town called keighley if youve never heard of it it is 10 miles from bradford.

Sandy.l Jan 30th 2005 6:55 pm

hi sandy im in a little town called keighley if youve never heard of it it is 10 miles from bradford.

Yes I know it well, we used to live between Bradford and Leeds (pudsey area) so we got out that way quite a lot.

Sandy

GillettFamily Jan 30th 2005 10:22 pm

Hi there Crozz

We are also from Keighley (well Riddlesden) we moved out here on 11th Dec and living in rented in Central Coast (1hr above Sydney). We havnt sold our house yet in UK so seeing as you have your finger on the pulse! what do you think the property market is doing in Keighley at the moment????? As we are pretty desperate to sell, sell, sell......

Hope all goes well with you and look forward to hearing from you soon.
What's the weather like at the mo. pretty hot here and the kids have started their new school this morning - eek.

:beer: Tetleys - yum

Darren Gilbert Jan 31st 2005 5:15 am

Originally Posted by GillettFamily
Hi there Crozz

We are also from Keighley (well Riddlesden) we moved out here on 11th Dec and living in rented in Central Coast (1hr above Sydney). We havnt sold our house yet in UK so seeing as you have your finger on the pulse! what do you think the property market is doing in Keighley at the moment????? As we are pretty desperate to sell, sell, sell......

What's the weather like at the mo. pretty hot here and the kids have started their new school this morning - eek.

hi to the gillett family
we are from manchester and have been on central coast for 15 months,not a bad place is it,how r u getting on,we live at bateau bay just near the beach the kids love the place and so do we,would like to hear from you to see how u r getting on.bye for now

Darren&Leanne Jan 31st 2005 6:26 am

Hi there crozz, ive been to keighley many a times for work. Its a pain travelling from Wakefield to Keighley in a works van, theres no easy way but that new bypass helps a bit.(or should i say helped)
We are currently now in Brisbane and dont regret it for one bit. Loving everything.
Hope everything goes ok for you.
Darren

mlbonner Jan 31st 2005 8:02 am

Welcome to the forum - always like it when I hear of places from home I know :) I went to Bradford Uni, but spent all my time on the Management Campus, which is on Emm Lane, up that end of town!

Beegee Jan 31st 2005 8:25 am

Howdo!

crozz Jan 31st 2005 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by GillettFamily
Hi there Crozz

hiya folks the market is very quiet at the moment something to do with christmas i think. im sure things will pick up hang on in there you guys.

GillettFamily Jan 31st 2005 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Darren Gilbert
hi to the gillett family
we are from manchester and have been on central coast for 15 months,not a bad place is it,how r u getting on,we live at bateau bay just near the beach the kids love the place and so do we,would like to hear from you to see how u r getting on.bye for now

Hi there the Gilbert Family

We are at Terrigal and loving it. Only the monies have got a bit tight as the job situation has been a bit slow - but hopefully picking up now (Hubby) had 1 interview yesterday in Sydney and another 3 on Wednesday so you know what they say 'everything comes at once - like buses'.

The beaches are lovely here and have been to Bateau Bay a couple of times.
If you want to get in touch PM us with your number.

And to Crozz

Thanks for the info on property situation in Keighley - we have a buyer for our house but alas they havnt sold theirs yet, they have just changed agents and have had a couple of viewers so hopefully it will pick up soon!!!
We need the money to put down on this gorgeous house overlooking the bay,
Its so frustrating seeing all these lovely houses and not being able to do anything!!!

Good luck and keep in touch

Have another one on us :beer:

crozz Jan 31st 2005 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Welcome to the forum - always like it when I hear of places from home I know :) I went to Bradford Uni, but spent all my time on the Management Campus, which is on Emm Lane, up that end of town!

hiya i know the place well spent 7 years working in and around bradford based at shearbridge road.dont know last time you visited but its areal eye opener now what a dump.