Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello, wish I knew about this place sooner

Hello, wish I knew about this place sooner

Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all
Default Hello, wish I knew about this place sooner

Hi everyone. A lovely lady from a craft forum gave me this place to have a look at. I wish I knew earlier because it's difficult for others to know what you are experiencing with the application process, difficulties and highs and lows. It must be boring for others too. We have applied through immigration consultants in July last year. We have sold up and renting and on our last part of the process. We are going for our medicals on Tuesday and have just applied for our 2nd police clearance too. Hoping to be in sunny Australia early next year. We have applied by hubby's trade, he's an electrician.
Hubby has relatives in Brisbane which will help a great deal.
Just been reading some of your threads and excited to see some of you are going to the same place we're interested in as well as knowing you have the same thoughts in general too.
From sooooo excited me.
LesleyM
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:16 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello, wish I knew about this place sooner

Welcome to the site Lesley, sounds like your addicted already.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:16 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

Originally Posted by LesleyM
Hi everyone. A lovely lady from a craft forum gave me this place to have a look at. I wish I knew earlier because it's difficult for others to know what you are experiencing with the application process, difficulties and highs and lows. It must be boring for others too. We have applied through immigration consultants in July last year. We have sold up and renting and on our last part of the process. We are going for our medicals on Tuesday and have just applied for our 2nd police clearance too. Hoping to be in sunny Australia early next year. We have applied by hubby's trade, he's an electrician.
Just been reading some of your threads and excited to see some of you are going to the same place we're interested in as well as knowing you have the same thoughts in general too.
From sooooo excited me.
LesleyM
Hi Lesley
We have had our meds today EASY!!!
We also are Brisbane bound June next year if all goes to plan!!
What are second police checks???
Are you a bit dodgy?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:17 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:17 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

From sooooo excited me.
LesleyM
Hi Lesley,

Welcome to BE.

ENJOY!

D D
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:20 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lor
Welcome
Don't over do it.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bigjugs
Hi Lesley
We have had our meds today EASY!!!
We also are Brisbane bound June next year if all goes to plan!!
What are second police checks???
Are you a bit dodgy?
Thanks everyone. Dont know about the police clearance its either they have lost the first ones or its because its a different department Ive now got to the stage I dont even question it anymore just jump when the agents ask us for next lot of documents. I know part of our application was delayed for three months because hubby did his trade in South Africa and even though it was with a british company they still sat on it We originally applied for the general skilled category but they changed it to skilled category so that helped with the points system a bit so we dont need our relatives in Aus to sponsor us.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site Lesley.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:32 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lesley, and welcome
Julie
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:44 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

From sooooo excited me.
LesleyM
Hiya Lesley and welcome...
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:49 pm
jackie

From sooooo excited me.
LesleyM

Hi Leslie and welcome to the site, we are also going to Brisbane hopefully next year if all goes to plan and we can sell our house which has been on market for nearly twelve months, lovely house to i think anyway. Were about in Brisbane are you off to ? Have you got any children and what do they think of the big move.? Our app has only been sent off on Tuesday so we have a long wait for visas yet.
see soon jackie

Old Nov 10th 2005, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

From sooooo excited me.
LesleyM
Welcome, Lesley. My hubby's a spark too - heading for Gold Coast early next year. Michelle
Old Nov 10th 2005, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jackie
Hi Leslie and welcome to the site, we are also going to Brisbane hopefully next year if all goes to plan and we can sell our house which has been on market for nearly twelve months, lovely house to i think anyway. Were about in Brisbane are you off to ? Have you got any children and what do they think of the big move.? Our app has only been sent off on Tuesday so we have a long wait for visas yet.
see soon jackie
Hiya Jackie, my relatives are from your part of the country. My father lives in Southport now. I have two children a daughter of 15 and a son of 21. He doesnt want to come with us because he's in love and doesnt know better. He has promised to come to a wedding in Oz so we hope he changes his mind when he sees the country and then we will start the application for him. My hubby lost his mum to cancer which resulted in a holiday with his brother and father to their long lost relatives there . That was that, we found out we had a chance and had to grab it because of age and the point system too. Daughter is excited in one way and a bit worried the other. We took the risk and put our house on the market almost straight away because I dont have the patience of having the visa and then waiting to sell the home. We have paid for immigration agents because of all the paperwork.
Wishing you the best of luck.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Welcome, Lesley. My hubby's a spark too - heading for Gold Coast early next year. Michelle
LOL my hubbys name is John as well. Yes there is a shortage of sparks. The immigration agents we are using are on the gold coast, surfers paradise.
Might seeya there LOL
Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

[

Hi Lesley, We have our flights to Brisbane booked for 21st Jan next year heading for the gold coast, Helensvale/Pacific Pines to be exact, hubby is also a spark (along with everybody else it seems), nerves are starting to kick in especially as some girl at work told me yesterday that I was heartless for taking the kids away from my parents, cowbag, but she certainly hit a nerve and have been papping my self since.

Anyway good luck and may speak soon, have been and done it all so if you need any advice let me know.

QUOTE=LesleyM]Hi everyone. A lovely lady from a craft forum gave me this place to have a look at. I wish I knew earlier because it's difficult for others to know what you are experiencing with the application process, difficulties and highs and lows. It must be boring for others too. We have applied through immigration consultants in July last year. We have sold up and renting and on our last part of the process. We are going for our medicals on Tuesday and have just applied for our 2nd police clearance too. Hoping to be in sunny Australia early next year. We have applied by hubby's trade, he's an electrician.
From sooooo excited me.
LesleyM[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.