Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello there! - Living in Aus. How do you handle homesickness?

Hello there! - Living in Aus. How do you handle homesickness?

Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello there! - Living in Aus. How do you handle homesickness?

Hi Victoriat
where do you live now?

i'd have thought most of the self-righteous clan might have asked that before they started their usual crap....no they wouldn't.

Last edited by ianandhelena; Mar 28th 2010 at 2:50 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

victoriat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Hi Victoriat
where do you live now?

i'd have thought most of the self-righteous clan might have asked that before they started their usual crap....no they wouldn't.
Hi ianandhelena!
I live in Greece.I have written some details about the situation in Greece at page 2 of this thread.
Cheers!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Re: Hello there! - Living in Aus. How do you handle homesickness?

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Hi Victoriat
where do you live now?

I read she was in Greece BUT as a BRITISH Expat, if you and your childrens lifes were in danger , surely the most sensible idea would be to go home ?!?!?!?!?!? Not to sit in a country where you are too terrified to go outside !!!
All I am trying to convey is that Australia may present an illusion of ABSOLUTE GLORY but it's not all that Victoria stated in her post, ESPECIALLY if you are moving here on a limited financial budget.
That said, I'll keep my mouth shut cos you MATE,are obviously of a higher moral standard than me, with undoubtly much more life experience too.
To the OP, sorry for taking this off thread, I hope your homesickness passes, it's one of the hardest things to deal with.

All the best,

Tass.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

victoriat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tass
I read she was in Greece BUT as a BRITISH Expat, if you and your childrens lifes were in danger , surely the most sensible idea would be to go home ?!?!?!?!?!? Not to sit in a country where you are too terrified to go outside !!!
All I am trying to convey is that Australia may present an illusion of ABSOLUTE GLORY but it's not all that Victoria stated in her post, ESPECIALLY if you are moving here on a limited financial budget.
That said, I'll keep my mouth shut cos you MATE,are obviously of a higher moral standard than me, with undoubtly much more life experience too.
To the OP, sorry for taking this off thread, I hope your homesickness passes, it's one of the hardest things to deal with.

All the best,

Tass.
Thank you Tass for your email.
The fact is that I am just a Greek who lives in Greece who is thinking to emigrate!
Your forum is fantastic,with invaluable information, I couldn't find better!
I was looking for information and assistance regarding visas. No one agent gave me as much assistance as I got from your site.Congradulations for that!

I had gone to Australia and stayed for 3 months. I felt that I lived a fairytale!
In simple words that ''everything was working there'', in my country ''nothing works anymore''. I thought that things were the same everywhere and I found out that I was mistake.

From that time, my dream has been to live in Australia.
But if there is any other country which is organised too,I could consider about it.And I would be happy if this is UK, because obviously that would help me avoid much of trouble.