Reload this Page >

Hello Strangers!

Hello Strangers!

Old Jul 27th 2003, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello Strangers!

Hi All,
It,s been a while, but we have arrived in OZ safe and sound, for those who don't know me i have all sorts of dramas with visas and house sales. But we are finally here Clare(my partner Radiographer) starts work tomorrow at Rockhampton hospital, I still need a job but I am hopeful something comes up.

Not enough experience yet to give any advice, the people in Rocky are mostly helpful and will fall over backwards to help, apart from the ones with cowboy hats who have unhealthy relationships with members of their family... and indeed pets!

At the moment as you all know it is the middle of winter here, in Rocky it,s a freezing 25 C at the moment. The one thing I have learned is that the price of second hand cars is extortionate, apparently the depreciation on cars is nothing compared to the UK, so it's strap yourself up or buy a shit heap!

I will have to go now, but if anybody is interested Hi, and I will keep you posted on events and hopefully offer some advice when more accustomed to OZ!

Cheers

Gary
Old Jul 27th 2003, 11:09 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Hello Strangers!

Originally posted by garywarby
Hi All,
It,s been a while, but we have arrived in OZ safe and sound, for those who don't know me i have all sorts of dramas with visas and house sales. But we are finally here Clare(my partner Radiographer) starts work tomorrow at Rockhampton hospital, I still need a job but I am hopeful something comes up.

Not enough experience yet to give any advice, the people in Rocky are mostly helpful and will fall over backwards to help, apart from the ones with cowboy hats who have unhealthy relationships with members of their family... and indeed pets!

At the moment as you all know it is the middle of winter here, in Rocky it,s a freezing 25 C at the moment. The one thing I have learned is that the price of second hand cars is extortionate, apparently the depreciation on cars is nothing compared to the UK, so it's strap yourself up or buy a shit heap!

I will have to go now, but if anybody is interested Hi, and I will keep you posted on events and hopefully offer some advice when more accustomed to OZ!

Cheers

Gary
25 C. You poor b**stard, how will you cope? Brave decision going to Rockhampton though, seemed a bit of a smallish town to me. I thought new cars were a lot cheaper...let me know pls. Anyway good luck and keep us posted.
Old Jul 27th 2003, 11:25 am
plumber39

New car's are alot cheaper,it's secondhand that's not!
oh- What do i know only a plumber!

Old Jul 27th 2003, 1:12 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by plumber39
New car's are alot cheaper,it's secondhand that's not!
oh- What do i know only a plumber!
depends were you look ,try WWW.TRADINGPOST.COM.AU . mm