Reload this Page >

hello stories please a bit about you

hello stories please a bit about you

Old Jan 9th 2005, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

ashlee1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool hello stories please a bit about you

hi

im looking to find out the main type of visa people go through it seems to be skilled worker im looking on info like what job you work as and to know whos visa applications have been sucessful and any who havent and the reasons they think could have effected this
im 24 and my partner is 26 we are unmarried (would being married help) no children
my partner is a insurance advisor training to be a plumber i am a bank advisor (sale and service) my partner has a uncle in oz although not that close at the moment we ared aware we would not be accepted but hopefuly the plumbing will help
anyones stories would be useful

thanks for you replies in advance
ashlee
Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:21 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello stories please a bit about you

Originally Posted by ashlee1980
hi

im looking to find out the main type of visa people go through it seems to be skilled worker im looking on info like what job you work as and to know whos visa applications have been sucessful and any who havent and the reasons they think could have effected this
im 24 and my partner is 26 we are unmarried (would being married help) no children
my partner is a insurance advisor training to be a plumber i am a bank advisor (sale and service) my partner has a uncle in oz although not that close at the moment we ared aware we would not be accepted but hopefuly the plumbing will help

ashlee
Hi there

Me, my hubby & our son are applying to emigrate to Gold Coast in Queensland. He is a Head Chef & I am an IT Technician. My Mum already lives there & has done for almost 20 yrs & will be our Sponsor. Due to tax reasons, her best friend will be our Assurer. We applying via the Australian Sponsored Designated Area Visa route.

C
xxx
Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi there

Me, my hubby & our son are applying to emigrate to Gold Coast in Queensland. He is a Head Chef & I am an IT Technician. My Mum already lives there & has done for almost 20 yrs & will be our Sponsor. Due to tax reasons, her best friend will be our Assurer. We applying via the Australian Sponsored Designated Area Visa route.

C
xxx

how far are you on with the appliction process and what sis your mum have to do to be your sponsor was it very intrusive (would not want to put anyone through anything to bad)

ashlee
Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I applied and was granted a skilled independent visa. I am a nurse and am going to the Brisbane/Gold Coast/ Sunshine coast areas of Queensland. Depends on where I get a job.
I am going with my 3 children. Was going with hubby as well but sadly he passed away before christmas.

Sorry, only mentioned this info as we were going to apply for visa on his skills. He was a joiner. As he was self-employed it turned into a bit of a nightmare as they wanted accounts etc. going back years. Also references from just about everybody. As he had worked all over the country and abroad it turned out to be virtually impossible. So be aware of keeping notes of everything if you are self-employed.

Ended up applying on my skills. Much easier! Application for visa went in in the beginning of March and the visa was granted at the beginning of May.
I can't see it making a difference whether or not you are married. However, it would probably mean that you would both need a desirable skill.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:43 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ashlee

Welcome to the forum, you will find a great many helpful people on here. People who are happy to give both the good and the bad of Oz.

As for your question. We have applied under the general skilled migration. My wife Tracey (scissors) is a hairdresser, so being on the MODL (skills in demand list) really helps. I would say that not being married is not necessarily a barrier to entry but it does place tyhe onus on yourself to provide proof of the relationship. You certainly have age on your side (we are 41 and 39 respectively). I would add that being a plumber would be an advantage, but you say he is in training, which would be a problem in obtaining points as it is my understanding that you need to have 3 of the last 4 years post education in your chosen profession.

What I would reccomend is two things.

Firstly, go onto one of the agency sites and do an online assessment, just to see where you stand.

Secondly, go onto the immigration site. There are a host of documents there. All of the migration documents are online and can be downloaded and copied for free. www.immi.gov.au

We were told by an agent that we could not get in, so I decided to do my own research and handled the whole application myself. We are waiting for medical clearance for our daughter and hope to get our visas sometime soon.

Best of luck with what ever you decide.

Gary

hi

ashlee
Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi,
I applied and was granted a skilled independent visa. I am a nurse and am going to the Brisbane/Gold Coast/ Sunshine coast areas of Queensland. Depends on where I get a job.
I am going with my 3 children. Was going with hubby as well but sadly he passed away before christmas.

Sorry, only mentioned this info as we were going to apply for visa on his skills. He was a joiner. As he was self-employed it turned into a bit of a nightmare as they wanted accounts etc. going back years. Also references from just about everybody. As he had worked all over the country and abroad it turned out to be virtually impossible. So be aware of keeping notes of everything if you are self-employed.

Ended up applying on my skills. Much easier! Application for visa went in in the beginning of March and the visa was granted at the beginning of May.
I can't see it making a difference whether or not you are married. However, it would probably mean that you would both need a desirable skill.
I do admire you Tracey, cannot even begin to imagine how difficult this is for you. A new start hey with the kids in the sunshine? I wish you all the luck in the world with your move and new life down under love Annie X
Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: hello stories please a bit about you

Hi,

hi tracey

i hope everything works out for you i wish you all the luck in the world and who knows in the future we may live near each other as we already do i from south shields you from teeside
thanks for the info

do you know when you are going and are the kids excited

ashlee
Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your messages of support. I plan to go at the end of August when my oldest daughter has left school and got her results. I would like to go to the Brisbane area really but depends on where I can get a job. Quite like the Gold Coast area but would go a bit further North (not so far as the crocs though, mad I know but that is a big consideration for me cos I don't like them!)

The younger 2 are looking forward to going but the oldest isn't so sure. Think mainly because she has a boyfriend! Have to wait and see what happens. Have been trying to work out cost of living etc. Been on a home grocery shopping website and apparently it will cost me nearly $400 a week for food :scared: can't be right surely? Must have got a bit over excited. Don't think I'll earn much more than that. Think I am going to have to buy a tent!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: hello stories please a bit about you

Thanks for your messages of support. I plan to go at the end of August when my oldest daughter has left school and got her results. I would like to go to the Brisbane area really but depends on where I can get a job. Quite like the Gold Coast area but would go a bit further North (not so far as the crocs though, mad I know but that is a big consideration for me cos I don't like them!)

The younger 2 are looking forward to going but the oldest isn't so sure. Think mainly because she has a boyfriend! Have to wait and see what happens. Have been trying to work out cost of living etc. Been on a home grocery shopping website and apparently it will cost me nearly $400 a week for food :scared: can't be right surely? Must have got a bit over excited. Don't think I'll earn much more than that. Think I am going to have to buy a tent!

from what i read the majority of people say it is no cheaper to shop over there i think it would be a case of cutting costs until you are settled
im with you 100% on the crocs front i like the look of the gold coast idealy once my partner is a plumber should be qualified and getting work experience within a year then we would like to go out him being a plumber and i would like to in the end start a small business or buy a established business i was also wondering
if you own a house in uk are you selling this before you go or keeping it
some people dont sell i think as a just in case
whats your veiw on this
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:09 pm
FayenPaul

faye_gillan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ashlee,

Paul and I are applying on a Skilled Independant Visa (with a sponsor), we are going on Paul's skill as a joiner. We are not married (engaged) and we had to provide lots of information to prove we have been living together for over two years, we provided statements from family, photos, cards and invites with both our names and dates on, anything really that proved we have been together, bills, council tax statements etc, holiday flight tickets etc. All documents had to be verfied by a solicitor too.

Paul is 30 (just passed) and I am 26, we applied last April and are using an agent, they helped greatly in the begining as we had to give all the documentation for beng together and also had to provide double documention to prove Paul is a qualified joiner (as unfortunately did not recieve certificates when he qualified years ago). You have to be in the same line of work for at least two years (of you are qualified and can prove) if not then you have to prove you have been in this position for four years. We provide again statements from ex employers, colleuagues, tax documentation etc.

Since then though the agent hasnt been that helpful, but is suppose there is nothing more they can do,alot of people apply on there own, but we wanted to make sure our application was 100% first time. We have just sent away for our police checks and waiting request for our medicals, hopefully should have our visas by May this year and by there in June.

Paul's aunt lives in Newcastle (north Sydney) and she is going to be our assurance of support (providing a bond for us to the government for two years). I dont think this is very intrusive personally, but financially yes, they have to provide documentation to prove their incomings and outcomings for the past few years, basically your assuror most earn enough to keep there family and you if you do not find work. The bond is 5000A$ which the government hold this for two years and if you dont claim anything from the state you get it back.

Hope this helps, if we can give any more help feel free to PM me. Good luck !
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

from what i read the majority of people say it is no cheaper to shop over there i think it would be a case of cutting costs until you are settled
im with you 100% on the crocs front i like the look of the gold coast idealy once my partner is a plumber should be qualified and getting work experience within a year then we would like to go out him being a plumber and i would like to in the end start a small business or buy a established business i was also wondering
if you own a house in uk are you selling this before you go or keeping it
some people dont sell i think as a just in case
whats your veiw on this
Hi Ashlee,
I am going to be selling my house before I go. I think if you keep it then it makes it easier for you to give up and come back. That's just my opinion though. Besides which I have to sell mine to have money to go over, also have some finanial commitments I want to get rid of (student loans, mortgage etc.) before I go so I can have a clean slate.
Whereabouts on the Gold Coast are you looking at?
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: hello stories please a bit about you

Originally Posted by faye_gillan
Hi Ashlee,

Paul and I are applying on a Skilled Independant Visa (with a sponsor), we are going on Paul's skill as a joiner. We are not married (engaged) and we had to provide lots of information to prove we have been living together for over two years, we provided statements from family, photos, cards and invites with both our names and dates on, anything really that proved we have been together, bills, council tax statements etc, holiday flight tickets etc. All documents had to be verfied by a solicitor too.

Paul is 30 (just passed) and I am 26, we applied last April and are using an agent, they helped greatly in the begining as we had to give all the documentation for beng together and also had to provide double documention to prove Paul is a qualified joiner (as unfortunately did not recieve certificates when he qualified years ago). You have to be in the same line of work for at least two years (of you are qualified and can prove) if not then you have to prove you have been in this position for four years. We provide again statements from ex employers, colleuagues, tax documentation etc.

Since then though the agent hasnt been that helpful, but is suppose there is nothing more they can do,alot of people apply on there own, but we wanted to make sure our application was 100% first time. We have just sent away for our police checks and waiting request for our medicals, hopefully should have our visas by May this year and by there in June.

Paul's aunt lives in Newcastle (north Sydney) and she is going to be our assurance of support (providing a bond for us to the government for two years). I dont think this is very intrusive personally, but financially yes, they have to provide documentation to prove their incomings and outcomings for the past few years, basically your assuror most earn enough to keep there family and you if you do not find work. The bond is 5000A$ which the government hold this for two years and if you dont claim anything from the state you get it back.

Hope this helps, if we can give any more help feel free to PM me. Good luck !
you have provided a great deal of info there for me which is great can i ask if you dont mind your occupation and did this prove any relavance
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Hi Tracey,
It must be so hard for you just now.
I hope it all works out for you and that you all have a great new life in Aus.
Roni

Hi,

Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:50 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

how far are you on with the appliction process and what sis your mum have to do to be your sponsor was it very intrusive (would not want to put anyone through anything to bad)

ashlee
Well we have already had our TRA Assessment rejected so are about to resubmit with tons more info. My Mum has lived in Aus for almost 20 yrs and becam a citizen in 1999. She is going to sponsor us, as immediate family.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Really sorry to here about your husband Tracey, all the very best to you & your children. Really admire you for carrying on with your application.

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.