Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello no really OZ is not hot.

Hello no really OZ is not hot.

Old Aug 11th 2003, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Hello no really OZ is not hot.

I am forever amazed at the posts on here the last few days!!

For the last year I have read how everybody is emigrating for the weather. Now the Uk gets a couple of weeks of OZ similar temps and its "oh my gosh I cant stand it".

May I ask what sort of weather did people expect OZ to have in summer??? Did they look at a map, was it situated near Siberea or Asia? Did it have a great big whopping desert in the middle of it. Did Indian Ocean provide any clues?

You have to admit it its a bit sad asking if OZ is hot in summer. Well folk is Canada cold in winter?

OZ varies by State, some more humid than others, but yes and should this really not be a surprise to you OZ is hot in Summer.

Old Aug 11th 2003, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dotty

I for one will never complain about the heat i love it.

And to reply to Canada in the winter, yes we went in March this year and most days on the mountain ranged between -15 to -30 and in the town it was -15 most days and quite frankly the winter over here will be a breeze now.

footie chick
Old Aug 11th 2003, 9:14 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello no really OZ is not hot.

Originally posted by dotty

For the last year I have read how everybody is emigrating for the weather. Now the Uk gets a couple of weeks of OZ similar temps and its "oh my gosh I cant stand it".

May I ask what sort of weather did people expect OZ to have in summer??? Did they look at a map, was it situated near Siberea or Asia? Did it have a great big whopping desert in the middle of it. Did Indian Ocean provide any clues?

You have to admit it its a bit sad asking if OZ is hot in summer. Well folk is Canada cold in winter?

OZ varies by State, some more humid than others, but yes and should this really not be a surprise to you OZ is hot in Summer.

Awww crap you mean you can't ski down the hill from Budrim to the beach. That's it I'm not coming now
Old Aug 11th 2003, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

You are easily amazed Dotty.
I dont think as you put it 'EVERYBODY is emigrating for the weather'
There have been quite a few posts about the weather of late but, are people wrong to ask what the climate is like in certain areas, at different times of the year. All part of the research is it not?
Do you know what the weather is like during summer in Edmonton & Winipeg Canada? I dont.

PC
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Originally posted by porkchop
There have been quite a few posts about the weather of late but, are people wrong to ask what the climate is like in certain areas, at different times of the year. All part of the research is it not?
Do you know what the weather is like during summer in Edmonton & Winipeg Canada? I dont.

PC

i do -my sister lives in winnipeg..(and her inlaws in edmonton;-)

all you gotta do is ask...

cheers

richard
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by r.bartlett
i do -my sister lives in winnipeg..(and her inlaws in edmonton;-)

all you gotta do is ask...

cheers

richard
Your sister must live in a different winipeg hers has 2 n's in it. so I dont think you can be of any assistance
Thanks anyway.

PC
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Your sister must live in a different winipeg hers has 2 n's in it. so I dont think you can be of any assistance
Thanks anyway.

PC

mine lives in this one

http://www.canada.com/winnipeg/

which one were you on about??

cheers

richard
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks anyway.

PC

Last time I looked it was Winnipeg, is there another one with only one N.............
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mine lives in this one

cheers

richard

That is a good site thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

mine lives in this one

cheers

richard

It's no surprise this Porkchop can't spell. I bought a leg of lamb once that could barely add up and a bag of mince that could hardly speak English.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

i think the thing is the UK isnt set up for the hot weather no AC no tiled floors so when we get a bout of the hot stuff we arnt prepared just like when it snows the whole country shuts down for a week or two

but im not complaning i love the hot weather its better than working the whole winter in low deg temps frezzing my but off
Old Aug 12th 2003, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bussie
i think the thing is the UK isnt set up for the hot weather no AC no tiled floors so when we get a bout of the hot stuff we arnt prepared just like when it snows the whole country shuts down for a week or two

Suppose it's a bit like the Oz houses not being built to equip with the cold weather.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:21 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by porkchop \

PC
Too right they want higher unemployment , higher taxes , higher Mortgage rates and lower paid jobs , all found in Australia , the weather is not a worry.

Old Aug 13th 2003, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

rachels is an unknown quantity at this point

I was one of those "sad" people who asked how long it takes to get acclimatised in Brisbane and I had a lot of very useful and informative responses, including one from yourself Dotty. I think its disingenous of you to be so dismissive of people doing a bit of extra research.

OF COURSE people know Australia is hot but they have no real idea of what to take and how the temperature drops at night etc as they don't live there yet - hence this forum! I for one am not emmigrating for the weather, I'm going to hopefully lecture, to complete my PhD and also for the experience of living in Australia. I have done as much research as I can on the country and city generally and have looked at weather charts to get an idea of what to ship/take but the people who really know are the people who've done it and its these people we turn to for help on this forum. It would be nice not to be mocked for it.

Cheers