Reload this Page >

Hello from a newbie

Hello from a newbie

Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

sydneybound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from a newbie

Hi All,

After reading the threads on this board for a whle now, I thought I'd introduce myself to the group. I applied for Skilled Migration Jan 2003, was asked for and sent off health checks / police checks last month, so fingers crossed will get VISA in time for a move this year.

I have been out to Australia several times & absolutely loved it, esp.. the weather, scenery, diving, outdoor sports, food. I have several very good friends out already which makes the move that much easier.

Why am I going there ? Well, cos I can, what the hell, Life's about collecting experiences right ? I've got 2 flats in the UK that I'm gonna rent out and then get a more relaxing job whilst spending the rental income in Oz.

I'm looking to goto Sydney (on my own), have been there a few times already and think its awesome - I'm not so stupud to don Rose Tinted glasses and think it's without its problems, but at the end of the day I live in bloody swindon at the moment and I'm sure that even the Oz hating old gits on this forum couldn't blame me.

I have a quick question for the Oz haters (you know who you are), have you lived in many places in Oz or just a few ? I've travelled enough of the world to realise that there are good sorts n bad sorts wherever you go - Coming from a shite town myself I also appreciate that some places breed the dull/bad... surely Oz has the same afflictions that all places have ? And as for the 'Alpha Male' thang, have you forgotton the concept of 'British Yob Culture', aint much different.

Anyway, thats quite long and boring enough for a first post !
Bye for now,
Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

montagt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sydneybound,

I too have just sent in my medicals and police reports lodged 4 weeks ago.

My family and I are also Sydney bound

every morning I check my email for the the golden ticket.....

still waiting..........
Old Aug 20th 2003, 11:19 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hello from a newbie

Originally posted by sydneybound
Hi All,

I thought I'd introduce myself to the group. Bye for now,
Welcome to the mad house..
Old Aug 20th 2003, 11:27 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and enjoy
Old Aug 20th 2003, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from a newbie

Welcome aboard.

We're just ahead of you. Got our visas, going for a 'reccie' in October and then moving out to Sydney in January.

Best wishes

Kev
Old Aug 20th 2003, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Welcome to the site!

You seemed to have sussed out some of the posters already.

You sound like a realistic person, I am sure you will love it out there and it will be great to be able to rent out your flats and live off the income!

Best of luck and I hope the visa comes soon.