Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello from the Land of smiles

Hello from the Land of smiles

Old Nov 9th 2003, 2:53 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello from the Land of smiles

Hi all,
Just thought I'd post from Bangkok as we're now on route and having a well deserved rest in a top hotel after all the hastles of moving out and getting sorted it's bliss to have nothing to worry about for a few days accept maybe a little to much beer.
One bad thing even with extra luggage allowance I still had to leave a lot of tools behind nothing essential to the job but the little things that you collect over the years and use seldomly but are to handy to part with. Guess I should have sent them with our shipment but I was using them up until last Friday ah well lesson learned.
Will post again from Brisbane later next week.
Old Nov 9th 2003, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from the Land of smiles

Originally posted by cresta57
Hi all,
Just thought I'd post from Bangkok as we're now on route and having a well deserved rest in a top hotel after all the hastles of moving out and getting sorted it's bliss to have nothing to worry about for a few days accept maybe a little to much beer.
One bad thing even with extra luggage allowance I still had to leave a lot of tools behind nothing essential to the job but the little things that you collect over the years and use seldomly but are to handy to part with. Guess I should have sent them with our shipment but I was using them up until last Friday ah well lesson learned.
Hi Cresta57!
glad to hear that you are safe and sound, shame about the tools though, Mark will have to have a good sort out before we go!
can't wait to hear the next chapter of your new lifes,
enjoy every moment of it mate
regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Nov 9th 2003, 3:07 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
I keep telling the hubby to sort out his tools before its too late, we have had two shipping companies in so far and they have said the tools need to be "clean " so if he wants to take them he will have to start chipping of all the muck and cement pronto
Enjoy your rest after all the stress of moving and recharge the batteries ready for your new life
Old Nov 9th 2003, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good to hear it is all going well, keep us updated when you get settled
Old Nov 9th 2003, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck and hope everything is as you wished it will let you know how next bham meet goes

arlene
Old Nov 9th 2003, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Sean & co.
Glad to hear your taking a break after all the sh*t. We are still waiting for the bloody buyers to sign but as we are having a 40ft container sole use I will have room to bring the tools over for you !
Drop me a pm and I will arrange collection or delivery of them before the container gets here.......I can get them to Melbourne after that it should be easy enough to freight them to you

Good luck with it all

Paul & Linda
Old Nov 9th 2003, 8:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Glad the trip is going well,- all the best for your arrival in Brissie! Look forward to meeting you here!!!

Little tip for people using things up to the last minute-throw them in a box and take them with you to the airport; both Heathrow and Gatwick have offices for Excess Baggage Co, in the terminals - in 20 minutes they'll do the paperwork and send the stuff, either by air or sea, for you. I did it with my last minutes stuff that wouldn't fit in the luggage - it gets delivered to their agents in OZ, you collect from there. Handy!!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:30 pm
plumber39

Hi Cresta57,
Glad to hear your chilling out, must be great too only worry about now cold the beer is!.
All the best plum!
ps don't forget to keep in contact!

Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:04 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hi,
Glad the trip is going well,- all the best for your arrival in Brissie! Look forward to meeting you here!!!

Little tip for people using things up to the last minute-throw them in a box and take them with you to the airport; both Heathrow and Gatwick have offices for Excess Baggage Co, in the terminals - in 20 minutes they'll do the paperwork and send the stuff, either by air or sea, for you. I did it with my last minutes stuff that wouldn't fit in the luggage - it gets delivered to their agents in OZ, you collect from there. Handy!!
We considered that polly along with paying excess baggage on the flight but at 32.50 per kilo over a few quids worth of tools would have become the most expensive tool set in Australia. Total value is only a couple of hundred quid and they are all replaceable in Aus bloody anoying thing is I left my toothbrush and razor at Debs mums but packed the chargers Doh!!!!! had to buy one here asap after the flight [thai food yummy]
Sean