Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello From Kuala Lumpur

Hello From Kuala Lumpur

Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello From Kuala Lumpur

WE arrived in kuala lumpur on thursday.

FRASER,what have you done!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was us arrived in old travelling jeans flip flops and beach hair and we arrived in this super posh hotel tht looks like the ritz i think we lowered the tone lol,thanks mate,you could ave warned us

Anyway the hotel is exceptionally plush,really great view of the towers,we re on the 19th floor so we re almost as high as it,lol.

We found china town,and i was a real experience,every different kind of food you could think of,and very busy.
we also found Sungei Wang shopping mall,and theres only one word for it....WOW.....ive never seen such a big shopping mall in all my life,lol,we ve been round it for the last 2 days and havent seen it all,shoppinf heaven or what...........
We re going to go up the tower tomorrow,so looking forward to that.
then on to brissy on sunday morning.

tracey

cheers fraser, you were right about the hotel,its truly great.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:49 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello From Kuala Lumpur

Originally Posted by scissors

there was us arrived in old travelling jeans flip flops and beach hair and we arrived in this super posh hotel tht looks like the ritz i think we lowered the tone lol,thanks mate,you could ave warned us

Anyway the hotel is exceptionally plush,really great view of the towers,we re on the 19th floor so we re almost as high as it,lol.

We found china town,and i was a real experience,every different kind of food you could think of,and very busy.
we also found Sungei Wang shopping mall,and theres only one word for it....WOW.....ive never seen such a big shopping mall in all my life,lol,we ve been round it for the last 2 days and havent seen it all,shoppinf heaven or what...........

tracey

Continue to enjoy Tracy

......and stop using the term 'flip-flops' - you are nearly an adopted Aussie now !!
Cas xx
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy

What's the name of the hotel you are in? Sounds lovely.

Tracey
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

tracey

Hiya

OMG sounds great, hotel sound very nice...glad you all enjoying yourselves!!

Brissy here you come 5 weeks hun and we`ll be there!! cant wait

Speak soon

sue
Old Jul 16th 2005, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi there,we re in the marriot hotel right in the centre of kualar lumpur,it like a village all on its own

hi sue,cant wait either,lol, are we looking at the sunshine coast now as well omg we ll be looking forever
cant wait to see you guys again in aus,it will be strange lol,i ll give you a running commentry on the places we go to

speak soon,tracey
Old Jul 16th 2005, 5:30 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey I'm glad you like the hotel
Songhei Wong is quite big I had root canal surgery in there :scared:
We used to go bowling in there when the kids had crashed in their pushchairs and you can get pissed while playing.

The biggest shopping centre is Times square(it has a theme park in it) when you come out of your hotel and walk towards Songhei wong you do a left at the junction and follow the mono-rail and it's on the left hand side it's huge although not as big as the ones in Singapore you should see them

Have you had the breakfast by the pool yet?

We walked to the Menore tower and were knackered after pushing the pushchairs up the hill you'll see what I mean when you go there.

Glad you're having a such a good time all the best your's jealously Fraser

PS. We felt exactly the same when we arrived and us with a two and a half year old running round like a maniac as only he does

Last edited by fraser; Jul 16th 2005 at 7:22 am.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 7:49 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

The Marriot sounds good. I`m glad you`re not in the `Crown Princess` like we were.... really bad service.

Hope you managed to get to Langkawi... it`s an amazing place and one we definitely will be going back to.

If you get the chance in KL ask your tour people in the hotel about going to the Elephant Sanctuary.... well worth it.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

hi there,we re in the marriot hotel right in the centre of kualar lumpur,it like a village all on its own

hi sue,cant wait either,lol, are we looking at the sunshine coast now as well omg we ll be looking forever
cant wait to see you guys again in aus,it will be strange lol,i ll give you a running commentry on the places we go to

speak soon,tracey

Thought I`d have a good look before we go...Buderim is ticking quite a few boxes

So looking forward to getting there...pleased we`ve got direct flight now, think I`d go mad wanting just to get there

Enjoy the rest of your hols....got loads of searching to do!!!

Sue x
Old Jul 16th 2005, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey, Gary & Kerry

Sunds like you're having a great time.

Good luck with the landing on Ozzie soil and look forward to hearing about Brissie.

Graham & Sara
Old Jul 16th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi Guys

sounds great not long till you arrive in Brizzie. would you recommend what you've done? or are you itching to get to Briz and getting started.

Take care,

Chris, Stewart and kids
Old Jul 17th 2005, 11:32 am
Merlot

Talking Re: Hello From Kuala Lumpur

Scissors, people like you should be banned for life posting this rubbish . . . how the heck can I face sitting in the back yard now on my plastic chair after reading this sort of high life

Sounds wonderful though, hope you have a great time.

Keep us posted.

M

Last edited by Merlot; Jul 17th 2005 at 11:42 am. Reason: cause me speeling is geeting woose

Old Jul 17th 2005, 11:40 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

tracey

enjoy Tracey