Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello how much mony for a holiday?

Wikiposts

Hello how much mony for a holiday?

Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Mervyn is on a distinguished road
Default Hello how much mony for a holiday?

hello eveyone this is mervyn again. their is so much to reed on this web site that i think it is exellent. my brother thinks that i should have holiday in sydney and then decide if i want to live in australia as he thinks it will be to hot for me and i dont like snakes and all that. our cousin lizzie lives in manly in sydney where she went backpacking 10 years and stayed there and i have writen her an email asking if i can stay with her family in her house when i have saved up the money for the flight and some spending money. she has not asnwered yet but fingers and toes crossed. how much money do people think i should take with me for just thinks like maybe a trip to see some beeches and maybe to a forrest and some mountains. i dont drink or smoke and dont realy like big cities to much but i like to eat big meals so i need to factor that into my holiday bugdet. do people here recomend anywhere for me to visit although i suppose that is no easy as you dont now what i like or what my hobbies are and.
thank very much.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:21 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello how much mony for a holiday?

Food is very cheap in Australia. What food do you like mervyn?

Will your cousin be able to pick you up from the Airport? I fear for you if you are on your own.

You should get some of the members on here from Sydney to give you their addresses and phone numbers in case you need some help.

The mountains and forests in Sydney are breathtaking.

Budget for $100 a day and you should be ok.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

stokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant future

Wins the competition for the number of spelling mistakes in one post.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:29 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stokesy43
ssshhhh you'll upset our scottish members
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:29 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hello how much mony for a holiday?

Originally Posted by Mervyn
hello eveyone this is mervyn again. their is so much to reed on this web site that i think it is exellent. my brother thinks that i should have holiday in sydney and then decide if i want to live in australia as he thinks it will be to hot for me and i dont like snakes and all that. our cousin lizzie lives in manly in sydney where she went backpacking 10 years and stayed there and i have writen her an email asking if i can stay with her family in her house when i have saved up the money for the flight and some spending money. she has not asnwered yet but fingers and toes crossed. how much money do people think i should take with me for just thinks like maybe a trip to see some beeches and maybe to a forrest and some mountains. i dont drink or smoke and dont realy like big cities to much but i like to eat big meals so i need to factor that into my holiday bugdet. do people here recomend anywhere for me to visit although i suppose that is no easy as you dont now what i like or what my hobbies are and.
thank very much.
Hi Mervyn,

In my experience of Sydney (circa 2004)- It's similar priced to London
I was spending about £100 a day - but that was sightseeing - evening meals and going out drinking quite late.

I wrekon you could get by on £40 a day - about 100 aussie dollars.

Transport is really cheap - you'd only do a couple of quid in a day via the Ferries (Circular Quays) or City's Train system.

Food is avery reasonable and every possible cuisine is catered for (Mediteranean, Indian, Thai, Chinese, mongolian etc..) ranging from inexpensive fast food under £3 - to restaurant prices in excess of £30 a head for a 3 course meal.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:30 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Now,now,there is the spell check option below, when he decides to post,maybe he just likes it this way

Donna.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

But how strange that he knows how to use a phrase like

"will need to factor that into my holiday budget"
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:36 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy

and he has also switched off his reputation and pm options !!!! all by himself too
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

thank very much.
She backpacked for 10 years !

Think you had your fingers crossed when you wrote this

And, why don't you tell us your hobbies Merv ?
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy

Hmmm have I been suckered by a fellow newbie
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:39 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Hello how much mony for a holiday?

thank very much.
Good onya Merv, you old geezer.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:40 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick_newcastle
It's kinda looking that way
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mick_newcastle

Got it in one m8
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:47 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

thank very much.
hiya merv, did anyone here check your ip and match it to your normal nik (god, did you know that even using an annonymous proxy server they can get your real ip, wonders never cease mate)
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
hiya merv, did anyone here check your ip and match it to your normal nik (god, did you know that even using an annonymous proxy server they can get your real ip, wonders never cease mate)
How do you check an IP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.