Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello from the Gold Coast

Wikiposts

Hello from the Gold Coast

Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Hello from the Gold Coast

Hi everyone
Dont get much tome to come on here these days. It has been over six months now since we arrived.

For the first five months we stayed in a FF rental in Varsity Lakes - it was a great place. We purchased a business on Main Beach and we are now renting permanent and holiday units on Main Beach.

Everything is going well so far. The kids are really happy and my youngest has really started to flourish here. She has motor dyspraxia and is having occupational therapy. She is attending a state school and he teacher is excellent - it is a bit of a drive for me in the mornings but it is worth it. I was thinking about putting them into private education, but I have had a look at some of the schools and I will be keeping them in the state system for the time being.

I have not been homesick for the Uk, as for those who remember me will know that I have not lived there for years. I do however, sometimes feel like I have a cloud over my head when I miss my mates on the Med - like my old mate Phoenixuktooz used to tell me it is people sickness not home sickness

Nothing to complain about so far as I have now got a front loader washing machine and a $100 dollar rebate from the Council as it has a 4A water rating

Dont get time to watch tele so I dont know if it is crap

If anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to ask.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:28 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from the Gold Coast

Good to hear from you Debsy.

Glad it's going so well for the family.

If I hadn't already booked up at Coolangatta I would have been a customer.
Dissappointed about that but maybe next time.

May bump into you sometime eh ?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bix
Good to hear from you Debsy.

Glad it's going so well for the family.

If I hadn't already booked up at Coolangatta I would have been a customer.
Dissappointed about that but maybe next time.

May bump into you sometime eh ?
bixxie
give me a ring when you get here and maybe we can meet up me, him indoors and u and da boss.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:32 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debsy
Hi everyone
Dont get much tome to come on here these days. It has been over six months now since we arrived.

For the first five months we stayed in a FF rental in Varsity Lakes - it was a great place. We purchased a business on Main Beach and we are now renting permanent and holiday units on Main Beach.

Everything is going well so far. The kids are really happy and my youngest has really started to flourish here. She has motor dyspraxia and is having occupational therapy. She is attending a state school and he teacher is excellent - it is a bit of a drive for me in the mornings but it is worth it. I was thinking about putting them into private education, but I have had a look at some of the schools and I will be keeping them in the state system for the time being.

I have not been homesick for the Uk, as for those who remember me will know that I have not lived there for years. I do however, sometimes feel like I have a cloud over my head when I miss my mates on the Med - like my old mate Phoenixuktooz used to tell me it is people sickness not home sickness

Nothing to complain about so far as I have now got a front loader washing machine and a $100 dollar rebate from the Council as it has a 4A water rating

Dont get time to watch tele so I dont know if it is crap

If anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to ask.
glad all is goin well for ya....and i would agree with the people sickness, we dont miss the UK at all

H
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:33 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

good to hear all is well, keep us all posted. i will be up that way at the end of the month. so ill keep an eye on your threads
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:34 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
so ill keep an eye on your threads
No need to be rude Mr Bubbles.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:34 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

bixxie
give me a ring when you get here and maybe we can meet up me, him indoors and u and da boss.
Hi Debsy, sounds like all is goin well your end.

I have had a few crap moments but am really quite happy now and have been for a bit, so looks like for the time being things are good.

Seems like only yesterday we were saying how I was buying a backpackers and you some holiday appts, how time flies,

Sounds like you ahve all settled in really well.

Chuffed for you
Kala
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
No need to be rude Mr Bubbles.
hey watch my street cred lol
Bix
da Bonehead

bixxie
Will try to do that Debsy.
BE Forum Addict

Soapy r u coming the same time as Bixxie?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:36 am
Master of verbal pish©

Soapy r u coming the same time as Bixxie?
dont know, im visiting pals in pacific pines for the last 4 days of the month
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I think Bixxie is coming in May. Gimme a shout if u come to Main Beach.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:39 am
Master of verbal pish©

I think Bixxie is coming in May. Gimme a shout if u come to Main Beach.
will do....i was planning in catching up with a few expats from the forum. but i dont think 4 days is enough time to do both
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:39 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Phew...that's lucky...I'm down in June.
Close call that one
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:40 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bix
Phew...that's lucky...I'm down in June.
Close call that one
i might be back, just to spoil your trip lmao

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.