Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hello fellow explorers!

hello fellow explorers!

Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:28 pm
"Im no genuis or are I"?

bloomers will become famous soon enough
Default hello fellow explorers!

Hi all just wanted to say hello to everyone, (how original)

Well the wife has done real good and has been offered a midwifery position both Sydney and Brisbane, just trying to sort out which one would suit us best. (and it aint bloody easy)

I tried getting us out there last year by attempting to transfer from the ole bill here and carrying a gun in Perth. My mate got in and I didnt! (now he has decided not to go)!!!

Anyway we still managed it by way of the missis, bless her. I will look for something when Im over there.

I cant wait! We have a shed load of stuff to sort in the four months ahead, least of all where to choose. (any thoughts would be appreciated)

Well Gonna be creaming info from this site til we go, so hoping to make some new friends along the way.

cheerio all.

Mark, Kerry and tribe (3 girls) :scared:
Old Aug 26th 2006, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hello fellow explorers!

Originally Posted by bloomers

Well the wife has done real good and has been offered a midwifery position both Sydney and Brisbane, just trying to sort out which one would suit us best. (and it aint bloody easy)

I tried getting us out there last year by attempting to transfer from the ole bill here and carrying a gun in Perth. My mate got in and I didnt! (now he has decided not to go)!!!

Anyway we still managed it by way of the missis, bless her. I will look for something when Im over there.

I cant wait! We have a shed load of stuff to sort in the four months ahead, least of all where to choose. (any thoughts would be appreciated)

Well Gonna be creaming info from this site til we go, so hoping to make some new friends along the way.

cheerio all.

Welcome

You'll find all sorts of info here....and make friends, and have fun along the way.

I'm a psych nurse in Melbourne...so can't offer personal help in that respect..but you'll find out all you need if you have a good search about.

Have fun, and good luck !

Cas.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 8:12 pm
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

cheerio all.

Hi and welcome!

Does that mean that you will be moving over in December? We are flying out in October to Brisbane. Obviously its your choice where to go, each has its own plus points. We chose Brisbane mainly because of work and the terrific climate, love heat and hate the cold! Many people on here say that Sydney housing is so expensive for what you get, whereas Brisbane is more affordable. I'm sure you will hear the many other positive and negative points for both places though!

Hope you make the right choice for you and good luck with the move.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Hi congratulations.

Hubby and I came over 2000. He was in the job (MET) applied for service leave and got it 3 years in the first inst, applied for QLD pol once over here they have a pace course, acknowledges prior experience, likes to recruit from other forces oops not PC... services... We umded and arghed, or I did so delayed the app and submitted it after two years of being here. Not withstanding at the same time applying for further leave of 2 years in case anything went belly up. You dont mention if you have tried other forces... We know of several friends recently who have been successful pursuing this route to POL.

Similar to yourselves we moved on the basis of my nursing quals/background, travelled around Australia on arriving, with 4wd and caravan for 8 months.. For us it allowed us to identify general areas where we could settle. Hoping to obtain a mix of rural, beach ,city infrastructure and locality to large major airport.... for the v expensive escapes.... We came to the sunshine coast Queensland, it is not unfortunately Europe in many ways, but it is clean,spacious with good quality living in terms of housing and environment. The coast line is comparable to any we have seen in Australia. Hospitals exist Brisbane major teaching ones all the way up the coast and onto Cairns. They do however, decrease in size with the exception of NAmbur. Ramsey group has a number of private hospitals, one which carries a particularly good maternity reputation is that of Nambour Selangor Private hospital. The midwifery service is very received along the coast......Anyway my night brain is just kicking in or is it the tablet to make me go back to sleep..................... the joys of shift work ZZZZ when its lovely and bright out side ..... Cheers Mandy
Old Aug 29th 2006, 12:30 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

cheerio all.

Welcome to BE and good luck with the move down under!

jackie
Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hello