Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello fellow central coast Brits!

Hello fellow central coast Brits!

Old Jan 8th 2007, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

crowciej is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Hello fellow central coast Brits!

Just wanted to see who else is out there as I have been living on the central coast for six months now and have only met one other english person (that was my dentist!) and I am having withdraw symptoms..!!! I am picking up the ozzie twang far too quickly and would love to have a good old "pommie moan" with a fellow Brit. I am from Glastonbury area and have moved out here with my ozzie fiance. A year has flown by already and I still haven't made any friends (aawww..) I love living here, but there is something missing and (besides family) that is friends and social life! Oh and good old english pubs! So... If I haven't already put you off, let me know where you all hang out!!
See ya, Jen.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:38 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello fellow central coast Brits!

Originally Posted by crowciej
Just wanted to see who else is out there as I have been living on the central coast for six months now and have only met one other english person (that was my dentist!) and I am having withdraw symptoms..!!! I am picking up the ozzie twang far too quickly and would love to have a good old "pommie moan" with a fellow Brit. I am from Glastonbury area and have moved out here with my ozzie fiance. A year has flown by already and I still haven't made any friends (aawww..) I love living here, but there is something missing and (besides family) that is friends and social life! Oh and good old english pubs! So... If I haven't already put you off, let me know where you all hang out!!
See ya, Jen.
lol! Hi Jen, not on the Central Coast, but thought I'd say hi anyway and bump your post up.

I know what you mean... sometimes it's nice to just have a natter with people who understand you.

Hope your thread gets some attention!

Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crowciej
See ya, Jen.

Hello, I'm not up your way either I live in South Australia

Have you looked on the meetup section to see if there are any meetups round there? http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95

Failing that, there are plenty of POMS on here and we'll talk to you any time
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:09 am
Just Joined

crowciej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks for that - turns out there's a central coast meet up very soon..!