Hello Expats

Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Amber Nectar is on a distinguished road
Default Hello Expats

With only 3 months to go before we start our new life in Brissy, I thought i'd finally join the forum to say a big thank you. I first found this site back in Jan 04 and have been addicted ever since, checking it out most days. The views on this forum have been most helpful to me during the past 12/13 months and have probably saved me a lot of time/money, so thank you expats.

Cheers

Craig
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

jaxowen will become famous soon enoughjaxowen will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hello Expats

Originally Posted by Amber Nectar
With only 3 months to go before we start our new life in Brissy, I thought i'd finally join the forum to say a big thank you. I first found this site back in Jan 04 and have been addicted ever since, checking it out most days. The views on this forum have been most helpful to me during the past 12/13 months and have probably saved me a lot of time/money, so thank you expats.

Cheers

Craig

I'm not a prolific (sp?) poster but i know what you mean- this site has definately kept me sane ove the last few months.
how did you resist the big 'it's here!!' post when you got your visa?

good luck

jax
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:13 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Craig

It's kept me sane to a degree but also :scared: me on many an occasion. I've become addicted to it which isn't really doing me any favours as every now and again it would be great if my visa quest didn't fill every bloody thought from when I get up untill I finally fall asleep thinking of visas :scared:
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

I was going to post on the big day when the visa arrived, but ended up celebrating for a few days (at least i think it was a few days....could have been longer) then xmas arrived then I went on holiday..... to Australia. Anyway better late than never.

Cheers

Craig
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:33 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Cheers

Craig

G'day Craig,

Congrats on becoming a voice in the forum! Congrats on getting your visa too.

Whereabouts in Brissie are you heading for?

PR (aka Chris)

Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

When we came over to Australia last month we visited quite a few areas near Brisbane and we liked the bayside areas, especially Cleveland and Wellington point. So hopefully we'll find something to rent in these area when we arrive. We will be staying in Birkdale for a short time until we get sorted out.

Cheers

Craig
Old Feb 18th 2005, 9:10 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Hello Expats

When we came over to Australia last month we visited quite a few areas near Brisbane and we liked the bayside areas, especially Cleveland and Wellington point. So hopefully we'll find something to rent in these area when we arrive. We will be staying in Birkdale for a short time until we get sorted out.

Cheers

Craig
Ah, another convertee of the Dagboys/ABCD!

Bayside's nice. I've never lived there (am diagonally opposite, in NW Brissie) but enjoyed a few visits there.

Have you discovered ABCD's site yet? More info on Bayside there.

Good luck with your move and all. See you 'this side' sometime!

Cheers,
PR