Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello Everyone!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

irishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really nice
Default Hello Everyone!!!

My wife and i are thinking about emigrating to Australia either later this year or perhaps next year but we dont know where to start!!! Do we look for visas first or what is the best plan of attack???

My wife is English so a mate suggested on here i see loads of threads but as i said i dont know where to start!!

I'm a site foreman and my wife is training to be a reflexologist!! We would loveto go for 6 months to see what its like but as we are both 31 it seems the working holiday visa route is blocked, any suggestions??

Thanks!!!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice
Default Re: Hello Everyone!!!

welcome!!

have you spoken to an emigration agent?

they are a very good source of info (2nd to this forum of course!!) we used www.overseasemigration.com
One option is to have a long holiday, we went for 6 weeks, gives you somewhat of an idea of what your letting yourself in for!!

Good luck

Beth.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

irishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really niceirishman is just really nice

Originally Posted by bethandneil View Post
welcome!!

have you spoken to an emigration agent?

they are a very good source of info (2nd to this forum of course!!) we used www.overseasemigration.com
One option is to have a long holiday, we went for 6 weeks, gives you somewhat of an idea of what your letting yourself in for!!

Good luck

Beth.
Thanks Beth!!!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by irishman View Post
My wife and i are thinking about emigrating to Australia either later this year or perhaps next year but we dont know where to start!!! Do we look for visas first or what is the best plan of attack???

My wife is English so a mate suggested on here i see loads of threads but as i said i dont know where to start!!

I'm a site foreman and my wife is training to be a reflexologist!! We would loveto go for 6 months to see what its like but as we are both 31 it seems the working holiday visa route is blocked, any suggestions??

Thanks!!!
Welcome! I'm from Galway and hubbie's English, so I'm an honorary britishexpat! You really are at the start of the process. Best place to start would be www.immi.gov.au and, if you have the readies, come out for a decent hol of a few weeks and check out two or three places that you fancy. Best of luck with it all. This site is great to keep you going during the long wait and for loads of help/answers to questions, etc.

Michelle x
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

BoredinBelfast is an unknown quantity at this point

As someone who is currently trying to make a decision on this at the moment I can only agree with the info' in the other posts on where to start. For employment research www.seek.com.au is a great site and for property try www.realestate.com.au Best of luck and you never know - we may see you out there!!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:46 pm
HUN skelper

magic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant future

Welcome Irish, cant help you decide, weve never even set foot in Oz but you wont stop us getting there.
Firstly you need your Trades Recognition Assessment, and then the visa 136 if skilled. The TRA pass gives you the points you will require, its fairly simple but detailed, but only you have the info required its just knowing how to present it. The visa is simple providing no health probs or serious convictions, if you have the dollar agents will happily take it from you and tell you how to present it but ultimately you do the donkey work, depends how much time you have.
You can use the site search to find most of the info and even templates from other forum users ,if you decide its a long way but theres plenty of good advice here . Hope this helps, M&M
Old Mar 17th 2007, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the replys folks, much appreciated!!!

How do i go about getting my TRA!!! I dont have trade papers as i did Business and Related Studies at Uni!! The only trade quals i have is a NVQ level2 in construction that i did part time!!! I have 5 years experience as a forman and over 10 years in a supervisory capacity!!!

Also my wife is a fulltime housewife who is only training at the minute!!!! Will this create problems as she doesnt work???
Old Mar 17th 2007, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Also has anyone used visa bureau???? Are they any good or should i stay well away???
Old Mar 17th 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishman View Post

Thanks!!!
try reading this:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf
Old Mar 17th 2007, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Bertie44 will become famous soon enough

We used Visa Bureau. No problems. case worker was always helpful and at the end of the phone when we needed. She still is actually, and can give info on schools, jobs etc in the area you want to live in. Just need the visa now!!!
Old Mar 17th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bertie44 View Post
We used Visa Bureau. No problems. case worker was always helpful and at the end of the phone when we needed. She still is actually, and can give info on schools, jobs etc in the area you want to live in. Just need the visa now!!!
George Lombard is also highly recommended and did ours. Ian Harop or something like that, alan collett, go matilda are all good names on here. Use one recommended on here as there are some real sharks out there, make sure registered with MIRA and are a fixed fee cost. Go to the immigration secton and do a search for agents and you can see for yourself.

Jo