Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello everybody !!

Hello everybody !!

Old Apr 10th 2004, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

lelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hello everybody !!

Hello we are Michelle & Lel and we are new to the site , We are currently just getting our paperwork ready for the TRA, We hope to be emigrating in 2005 along with my sister and her family.
(nickyjohnt)also on this site.
My partner is a landscape gardener by trade, and we have been searching the jobsites, but there doesent seem to be much available in Perth where we hope to settle, anyone got any contacts in this area ????
Also we have no property to sell, and not very much money to take with us ! has anyone else been in this situation ???
are we mad ? or shall we go for it ???

worried from fleet :scared:
Old Apr 10th 2004, 11:16 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Hello everybody !!

Originally posted by lelchelle
Hello we are Michelle & Lel and we are new to the site , We are currently just getting our paperwork ready for the TRA, We hope to be emigrating in 2005 along with my sister and her family.
My partner is a landscape gardener by trade, and we have been searching the jobsites, but there doesent seem to be much available in Perth where we hope to settle, anyone got any contacts in this area ????
Also we have no property to sell, and not very much money to take with us ! has anyone else been in this situation ???

Helloooooooooooo - welcome to the Forum!! Can't help you personally as I'm not applying for that visa but I'm sure there's loads of people here who can.

Happy visa-ing!!
Old Apr 10th 2004, 11:29 am
rudo1ph

Hi there Michelle and Lel - welcome!! I'm a newbie too, but already here in Sydney.....but we lived on Ancells Farm in Fleet until a couple of years ago!! Can't offer you advice about Perth - sorry - but good luck!

Rudi

Old Apr 10th 2004, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi There
Welcome to the forum.

I am not going to Perth - I am off to the Gold Coast. I am sure that one of those in Perth will be able to help you.

Good luck.
Old Apr 10th 2004, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

laverda is an unknown quantity at this point

hello

good luck cant help you im no gardener, id wait to be honest for looking for work until you got much further with the application. as for cash, were in same boat, dont own property, just going to save hard, as long as you have enough to support yourself until you find work you'll be ok....
Old Apr 10th 2004, 3:11 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

hello and welcome. Im pretty new here also. We are in the same boat as well. Even tho we do have a home to sell, by the time we pay off the existing mortgage (ex-hubby was a gambler, didnt pay bills), we wont have much left. Also have a couple of kids and two dogs to move. so Im sure that will take what is left in moving expenses. My partner is in landscape-irrigation. We have not found much yet, but he is in process of checking with rainbird ind. as he knows a few people that work there here in the USA. they have several offices around Oz, so we are really hoping we"ll get everything together to send in our papers. Anyway, from what Ive read and heard, its usually good to try to contact companys directly. try aildm.com.au and go to links for a few landscape companys in Oz. good luck!
calle
Old Apr 10th 2004, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Ali-Cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello everybody !!

Originally posted by lelchelle

Hi, We are new to the site also,and --- live in hampshire,can't help with contacts in perth,as we are hopefully off to n.z. at the end of 2004/early 2005.Hopefully I will find employment once we have arrived and settled in,as I'm a horticultural technician [classier label, for nursery dogs body].Lucky that my other half has a proper job [nurse].I'm sure many people have gone to oz with less and made it.I think you should go for it, as that is what we are doing,complete with two dogs and a horse[now that is mad!]. I hope you find the help and info that you are looking for. Ali-cat
Old Apr 11th 2004, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

lelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of light

Thankyou to everyone that replied to my post , websites were very handy so thanks for that !
How does Oz compare to Ancells farm ? you must really miss it .......NOT!
Good luck everybody with your applications .....
Michele and Lel
Old Apr 28th 2004, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

kevin reeve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good luck all

hi debzs here,
oh god i feel so sorry for u all who r still going through the hell of getting here, never had so much stress in my life, we arrived in oct 2003 ,came to the sunshine coast and love every min . lots & lots of luck to you all . ps kevin & i r new to the site as weel xxx debzs xx
Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:49 am
rudo1ph

Hi Michele and Lel

LOL!!! Well where we live now is a long long way from Ancells Farm, but we had some happy years there too.

Rudi