Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello From Cheltenham

Hello From Cheltenham

Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:10 am
Nicki and Dave (Acorns)

Acorns has a brilliant futureAcorns has a brilliant futureAcorns has a brilliant futureAcorns has a brilliant futureAcorns has a brilliant futureAcorns has a brilliant future
Default Hello From Cheltenham

Hi everyone. Dave (my Hubby) is a mechanic and we are being sponsored out to Sydney hopefully before Christmas on a 457 visa. Our application is being lodged on 25/09/06. We would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation, or that can give us any information. Sorry very new to this and I am not sure how it works. Bye for now Nicki and Dave
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello From Cheltenham

Originally Posted by Acorns
Sorry very new to this and I am not sure how it works.
we were all new once-just ask questions and people will answer! having said that you'll get more useful advice if your questions are a bit more specific.

we came out on a 457 and the visa took about 6 weeks to come through.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:21 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Hello!
Mum lives in the Cotswolds and i was at GlosCAT so know cheltenham well...mmm...memories. Anyway just read the guidelines at the start of the forum to give yourself an idea, have a browse and before you post a question see if anyone had thought of it before by doing a search. If not then post away and there are loads of us who are either on their way, already here or starting out
Lucy
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:22 am
Nicki and Dave (Acorns)

Acorns has a brilliant futureAcorns has a brilliant futureAcorns has a brilliant futureAcorns has a brilliant futureAcorns has a brilliant futureAcorns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
we were all new once-just ask questions and people will answer! having said that you'll get more useful advice if your questions are a bit more specific.

we came out on a 457 and the visa took about 6 weeks to come through.
Thanks for that we will do. Do you have children and have they settled in ok?
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that we will do. Do you have children and have they settled in ok?
no kids but i'm sure they would have by now
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone. Dave (my Hubby) is a mechanic and we are being sponsored out to Sydney hopefully before Christmas on a 457 visa. Our application is being lodged on 25/09/06. We would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation, or that can give us any information. Sorry very new to this and I am not sure how it works. Bye for now Nicki and Dave
Hi Nicki

Welcome to the forum. What part of Sydney are you looking to live in?

We live north west of Sydney just near Castle Hill. Just shout if you need any info.

Rudi
x
Old Sep 17th 2006, 8:30 am
Nicki and Dave (Acorns)

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Nicki

Welcome to the forum. What part of Sydney are you looking to live in?

We live north west of Sydney just near Castle Hill. Just shout if you need any info.

Rudi
x
Hi Rudi

My hubby has got a job in Brookvale, but we would only be able to afford approximately 400/pw rent. We would need a three bed. After the children are settled, I will be able to work. Can you reccommend a suitable suburb to live in?

Regards Nicki
Old Sep 17th 2006, 8:59 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicki - we're ex-Cotswolds - Nailsworth to be precise - know Cheltenham well. We're two hours south of Sydney - don't know the city very well, but I'm sure some of the locals will be able to give you good advice on areas handy for Brookvale.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Hi Rudi

My hubby has got a job in Brookvale, but we would only be able to afford approximately 400/pw rent. We would need a three bed. After the children are settled, I will be able to work. Can you reccommend a suitable suburb to live in?

Regards Nicki
Hi Nicki

We live about 10 minutes from Brookvale. It has a good shopping centre called Warringah Mall (more shops than you could ever need). There are many fabulous beaches close by. If you mean £400 and not $400 you will easily find a 3 bed. We're paying $520 for a 4-bed bungalow with pool in a lovely suburb called Killarney Heights. We've only been here 7 weeks, but are settling in really well. Feel free to pm me if you want any more info.

Mhairi
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:41 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hello From Cheltenham

Hello back, from Cheltenham...well bishops cleeve.
were just getting our visa application ready to go, 136 independant.
good luck with yours.
kat xxx
Old Sep 19th 2006, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

chocolatedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nikki,

That all sounds pretty exciting.

I went to college in Cheltenham and work there at the moment.

My wife and I are applying for our 136 skilled independent visa at the minute. It is a bit of a different process to your husbands visa application, but if we can be of any help at all drop us a line.

Sam
Old Sep 20th 2006, 11:53 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the boards we are planning to get a meet together if you are interested?

My Mrs has told you about our application good good luck with yours.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:47 pm
Nicki and Dave (Acorns)

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Hello back, from Cheltenham...well bishops cleeve.
were just getting our visa application ready to go, 136 independant.
good luck with yours.
kat xxx
Oh its a small world. There is always someone close by. We are applying for our 136 at the same time! I will PM you to have a chat. Love Nicki
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:48 pm
Nicki and Dave (Acorns)

Originally Posted by chocolatedog
Hi Nikki,

That all sounds pretty exciting.

I went to college in Cheltenham and work there at the moment.

My wife and I are applying for our 136 skilled independent visa at the minute. It is a bit of a different process to your husbands visa application, but if we can be of any help at all drop us a line.

Sam
Thanks for the reply as I said above its a small world. Good luck with yours. Love Nicki
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:49 pm
Nicki and Dave (Acorns)

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Welcome to the boards we are planning to get a meet together if you are interested?

My Mrs has told you about our application good good luck with yours.
Hi my other half is on a residential course at the moment, but no doubt when he comes back he will want to drop you a line, man to man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.