Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello another new one here!!!

Hello another new one here!!!

Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Leanne 99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello another new one here!!!

Hello everyone my names Leanne, my hubby's Paul, and we have a 5yr old son. We have been thinking about Australia for a long time and have finally decided to take the plunge!

Paul is a self-employed electrician, and Im a soon to be qualified midwife, so we are hoping it wont be too hard to find work.

Havent decide where we are heading yet, but have been looking at Perth and Adelaide, planning to visit both for a holiday later this year to have a look.

We are just about to start the TRA process so still have a long way to go yet, feels good to get it started though! would be nice to meet anyone in similar situations and we are very grateful for any advice others may have!

Cheers!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 5:14 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello another new one here!!!

Originally Posted by Leanne 99
Hello everyone my names Leanne, my hubby's Paul, and we have a 5yr old son. We have been thinking about Australia for a long time and have finally decided to take the plunge!

Paul is a self-employed electrician, and Im a soon to be qualified midwife, so we are hoping it wont be too hard to find work.

Havent decide where we are heading yet, but have been looking at Perth and Adelaide, planning to visit both for a holiday later this year to have a look.

We are just about to start the TRA process so still have a long way to go yet, feels good to get it started though! would be nice to meet anyone in similar situations and we are very grateful for any advice others may have!

Cheers!
hello there and welcome!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Cheers!
Hi There. You will find this site so useful, we definately have.
When we made the decision to move we started looking at expats and alot of questions were answered. We have now got the visa and move in June.
Also visit the nursing forum, as you will find that useful. I am a nurse so look on the main site as well as the nursing one. You will get to know regulars and its always good to chat. Are you getting a visa on you or your husband??
Anyway, good luck and just ask BE if youve any queries, J and J
Old Feb 17th 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

MC longbridge will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Hello another new one here!!!

Cheers!
hello , you will find lots of info and even more new friends in here. try "the perthies " thread , lots of info ,good people to chat to. has your hubby looked at the "electricians" forum ? loads of info for him there.

your TRA for a spark shouldnt take too long.

clive & maryann
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

banoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant future

Hi

We passed our TRA yesterday. OH also self employed electrician, there are
lots of people on this site who helped us with the TRA, we did it without an agent.

If there is anything I can help with please ask.

Jan
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:32 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!
dont be in the dark join the electrical forum

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

HI,

Welcome to BE. Everyone on here is pretty friendly and its a great place to get advice. Good luck with it all!!

Tasha x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Leanne and Paul. Good luck with tracking down all the info you need ... which will be a lot!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:56 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ya and welcome!!!! Good luck with you TRA prep...we sent ours off on Valentines day!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Leanne 99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank-you everyone for all your friendly replies! Kind words from you all are very reassuring at this stage of the process.

Hi Jackie we are going on Paul's visa. Paul will be the main worker, as I want to spend more time at home with our son. Have yet to research more about the world of midwifery in australia, and think Paul will have more job oppurtunities.