Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello - am sooooo excited

Hello - am sooooo excited

Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello - am sooooo excited

Hi everyone, am new to the boards so I thought I would introduce myself:-)

My name is Emma (probably guessed that by my login...) and I'm in the process of applying for a visa with my husband and our four year old son. We've lodged our application so we are waiting to hear (agent only lodged it on 25 January so we have months and months or waiting yet).

I've never actually been to Australia which may seem strange but I've just about had enough of it over here. We are both on fairly good salaries (hubbie is a sparks and I'm a legal executive) but we can't afford to buy a place as we live in London and the house prices are just silly!

My parents have been over to Australia a few times and they are going to emigrate too, as is my only brother and his girlfriend so we will be bringing my whole family. Not sure how its going to work yet, my bro is on skills shortage and he's only 31 so should be no problem and my parents are 52. The agent has suggested that dad registers his building business over here in Australia so that the business can sponsor him for two years to work in Oz by that time he can apply for PR and if that fails they can apply for the parent visa as we would have been in Oz for two years - sorry blabbing.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my life story wtih anyone, any advice on the visas or in general (we would like to move to Queensland) is very welcome!

Emma
Old Jan 30th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice
Default Re: Hello - am sooooo excited

Originally Posted by emmakc1977

My name is Emma (probably guessed that by my login...) and I'm in the process of applying for a visa with my husband and our four year old son. We've lodged our application so we are waiting to hear (agent only lodged it on 25 January so we have months and months or waiting yet).

I've never actually been to Australia which may seem strange but I've just about had enough of it over here. We are both on fairly good salaries (hubbie is a sparks and I'm a legal executive) but we can't afford to buy a place as we live in London and the house prices are just silly!

My parents have been over to Australia a few times and they are going to emigrate too, as is my only brother and his girlfriend so we will be bringing my whole family. Not sure how its going to work yet, my bro is on skills shortage and he's only 31 so should be no problem and my parents are 52. The agent has suggested that dad registers his building business over here in Australia so that the business can sponsor him for two years to work in Oz by that time he can apply for PR and if that fails they can apply for the parent visa as we would have been in Oz for two years - sorry blabbing.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my life story wtih anyone, any advice on the visas or in general (we would like to move to Queensland) is very welcome!

Emma
No advice as such, but good luck on your new venture.

Cheers

Jay
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:35 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hello - am sooooo excited

Originally Posted by emmakc1977

Emma
welcome to the forum Emma
you'll probably get good advice from your agent re your visa, but for more general expat advice please ask away or search in the main Australia forum
good luck