Hello all

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough
Default Hello all

Hello.... firstly i just like to say what an excellant forum, after reading all the highs and lows the highs still out weigh the lows by far so nothing has changed our minds!!
My husband and i and 2 kids aged 13 and 9 + 1 dog are moving to Perth region, We have friends out there who have offered us a place to stay untill we find our feet which is a big big bonus.
We are still in the early stages where Keith is getting his skills assessed and the house is on the market, Unfortuantly we have had to take the gamble of selling our house at the beginning as we need to release some money for the Bond as Keith is over 35 and we fell 5points short! But our agent assures us he will get us in (crossed fingers).
We will be moving in with my sister ( 3 adults 5kids + 2 dogs all under 1 roof ) Hence why i called us Madhouse!
Im sure it will all be worth it when we finaully get to Australia!!!

Anyway ill stop rambling now i just wanted to say hello

Claire & Keith
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:41 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

hello Claire

WE are in Perth, have you visited before? Where dores you sister live, how long do you think it will be till you get here.

Yes I am nosey.

I don't think My hubby and I could live with any of my family madhouse would be the word for that, far too stressful for me, i think Chris would divorce me if i even suggested it.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Hi Donna
Our Friends live In Mandaruh which we are planning to be out there by the end of next summer if all goes to plan! Unfortuantly we have never visited Oz at all but have seen plently of photo's and our friends have also sent us Video's of the area and as we are a very boating family (fishing watersports ect) it looks like paradise to us
My sister lives in SW England and has been good enough to offer to put us up as soon as we have sold for untill we leave for oz.
Your right it will be extremely stressful but my only other option was my mother in laws!!!!
hehe my sister's won hands down, i care for my inlaws very much but not enough to live with them for 8/9 months hehe
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:50 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi Madhouse,
similar sentiment to my wife. She would rather live in a caravan or go back home rather than live with them!!

I hope you realise that you could be spending almost a year withyour sister, but at least it gives you time to chat with her before you up and leave the county.

I hope it goes through ok for you.

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

hi welcome to the forum good luck with everything

arlene
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Madhouse

good luck with your new venture down under... Perth is a lovely place

booboo
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 12:28 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Madhouse!
Hi Donna
Our Friends live In Mandaruh which we are planning to be out there by the end of next summer if all goes to plan! Unfortuantly we have never visited Oz at all but have seen plently of photo's and our friends have also sent us Video's of the area and as we are a very boating family (fishing watersports ect) it looks like paradise to us
My sister lives in SW England and has been good enough to offer to put us up as soon as we have sold for untill we leave for oz.
Your right it will be extremely stressful but my only other option was my mother in laws!!!!
hehe my sister's won hands down, i care for my inlaws very much but not enough to live with them for 8/9 months hehe
Several posters are in Mandurah/Rockingham, so I am sure you will get lots of advice from them re houses etc.

Good luck with everything
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanx for the warm welcome

Had some great news today some1 made us an offer on our house and after abit of haggling we accepted. Hopefully if all works out ok we should be either moving out just before or just after xmas, I guess this is when our name rearly is gonna be put into action!....But hey hopefully it gets me out of having to cook the xmas dinner

Claire & Keith
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:48 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi Madhouse,
I just plan on us visiting my mom at christmas, and she even invited us today.

I hope it all works out ok, now think of all that momey you have made from selling your home, and it multiplies by 2.4 when you move to Oz.
Invest it wisely and keep it safe for your life in Oz.

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well hope im not running before i walk as nothin is final untill the paperwork is signed and the money is in our account!

And yes the rest is being invested wisely for our new fresh start in life

That's all according i can stop the kids xmas pressie list from getting bigger and bigger

Claire & keith
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello all

Originally posted by Madhouse!
Hello.... firstly i just like to say what an excellant forum, after reading all the highs and lows the highs still out weigh the lows by far so nothing has changed our minds!!
My husband and i and 2 kids aged 13 and 9 + 1 dog are moving to Perth region, We have friends out there who have offered us a place to stay untill we find our feet which is a big big bonus.
We are still in the early stages where Keith is getting his skills assessed and the house is on the market, Unfortuantly we have had to take the gamble of selling our house at the beginning as we need to release some money for the Bond as Keith is over 35 and we fell 5points short! But our agent assures us he will get us in (crossed fingers).
We will be moving in with my sister ( 3 adults 5kids + 2 dogs all under 1 roof ) Hence why i called us Madhouse!
Im sure it will all be worth it when we finaully get to Australia!!!

Anyway ill stop rambling now i just wanted to say hello

Claire & Keith
Welcome to the forum Claire and Keith,
did you accept the offer on your house? great news that you have had an offer so quickly!
what does your hubby do? what do the kids think about moving to Oz? our daughter is 11 and cant wait, keeps asking when we are going??
anyway, enjoy being part of THIS MADHOUSE!
regards
rach
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

hi Madhouse and welcome to the forum!

hope it brings you as many laughs and as much addiction as it has to me!!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya
Yes accepted the offer after alittle bit of haggling...Keith is a BT Engineer and also a qualified electrition he also does alot if IT work...He is pretty hands on with most things!!!!
My daughter was very worried about leaving her friends and goin to Oz where she would have to start a new school ect, At the age of 13 i can understand her worries...But then our friends in Mandaruh gave her email address to a 12 yr old girl who lives across the street from them. Now she has been emailing her new friend in Mandaruh weekly and can't wait to get out there.

Such a relief for us as she was our main concern!
Our son on the other hand who is 9yrs old is another kettle of fish and from day 1 cannot wait to get there..for some reason he seems to think when he goes fishing in oz he is goin to catch a shark

Claire & Keith

The addiction to this forum has alrdy set in...i was late for work this morning ...ooops
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:12 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Hi Claire and Keith,

We're just starting the process too.
My husband also works for BT and I'm a nurse. Where do you live at the mo?
We are also going to Perth!! Lots in common.

Anyway, nice to see you on the forum.

Vicky and Giles
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya Vicky and Giles

We live in Dorset, how about you where do you live??
It seems we do have alot in common and i would even bet with our husbands working for the same company 1 of our reasons for making the move would be pretty simular too!!

Claire Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.