British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   HELLO (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/hello-546119/)

melmark Jun 30th 2008 9:21 pm

HELLO

Hi. I am new to all this so please be gentle!

My husband and I have decided that after months of 'talking' about it we are gonna see if we can 'do' it, emmigrate that is!! I am 31, he is 28, we have 3 sons.

We have taken our first tentative steps into the scary-ness of visa applications and had lengthy 'phone conversations with our good friends who emmigrated to WA 3 years ago (and have NO regrets!!)

My husband is hoping to go on a skilled visa as a bricklayer but has no formal qualifications, even though he has 10 years work experience and has been running his own landscape gardening / building company for 4 years - any one know what our chances look like?? I have looked into vetasses....do you HAVE to have formal qualifications ?

Other problem ..... My husband is not on my first 2 sons' birth certificates, is this going to cause a huge problem, has this happened to anyone else? My sons have no contact with their biological father and I have no idea where he lives! - could be tricky if i am gonna need his permission to take them out of the country....

HELP !!
:unsure:

mand-jim Jun 30th 2008 10:07 pm

Re: HELLO

Originally Posted by melmark (Post 6520351)

My husband and I have decided that after months of 'talking' about it we are gonna see if we can 'do' it, emmigrate that is!! I am 31, he is 28, we have 3 sons.

We have taken our first tentative steps into the scary-ness of visa applications and had lengthy 'phone conversations with our good friends who emmigrated to WA 3 years ago (and have NO regrets!!)

My husband is hoping to go on a skilled visa as a bricklayer but has no formal qualifications, even though he has 10 years work experience and has been running his own landscape gardening / building company for 4 years - any one know what our chances look like?? I have looked into vetasses....do you HAVE to have formal qualifications ?

Other problem ..... My husband is not on my first 2 sons' birth certificates, is this going to cause a huge problem, has this happened to anyone else? My sons have no contact with their biological father and I have no idea where he lives! - could be tricky if i am gonna need his permission to take them out of the country....

HELP !!

Hello, I may be the bearer of bad news here....if I am right then I think it will be pretty hard to be granted a skilled visa without having any formal qualifications. We had to send all of my boyfriend's certificates off, proof of his apprenticeship and work experience. You may be able to get another type of visa though

Also think you need permission from your children's father before you are able to take them. From reading on here you could probably get a court order to state that he isn't present in their lives? There is a silver lining with most of these things....Best thing would be to contact am emigrating agency, they will be able to give you some proper advise rather than my guess work

Good luck, hope all goes well! We are hoping to head to WA at the end of this year :thumbsup:

herrchook Jun 30th 2008 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by mand-jim (Post 6520528)
Hello, I may be the bearer of bad news here....if I am right then I think it will be pretty hard to be granted a skilled visa without having any formal qualifications. We had to send all of my boyfriend's certificates off, proof of his apprenticeship and work experience. You may be able to get another type of visa though

Also think you need permission from your children's father before you are able to take them. From reading on here you could probably get a court order to state that he isn't present in their lives? There is a silver lining with most of these things....Best thing would be to contact am emigrating agency, they will be able to give you some proper advise rather than my guess work

Good luck, hope all goes well! We are hoping to head to WA at the end of this year :thumbsup:

Totally agree, your first steps should be consulting a good immigration agent. Check out the Immigration section of this forum and you'll get some recommendations I'm sure.

cazw1405 Jul 1st 2008 7:23 pm

Hi there,

Just really wanted to wish you luck with it all. The advice you have been given on the previous posts seem like good advice to me. A migration agent will be able to answer all your questions for you and alot will give you a free consultation too.

So keep posting your progress on here, people have been very supportive to me, and believe me your gonna need support! The waiting drives you crazy!!

All the best
Caz x :thumbup:

innojuk Jul 2nd 2008 7:15 am

HELP !!

The best advice has already been given ,speak to an Immigration agent. Possibility of good news though - it looks like pathway D may be returning in a new guise which as I understand it will allow your husbands skills to be recognised without formal qualifications.

melmark Jul 2nd 2008 9:29 am

Thanks to all of you who have replied, I am now in touch with a agent and compiling a detailed c.v for OH as we speak! Good luck to all of you with your visa's.

Hopefully you will be able to advise us more on this forum as we work our way through all of this scary stuff!

Thanks again:D

TheColebecks Jul 6th 2008 11:09 am

HELP !!

Hi Mel & Mark,

Great to see you on BE, Welcome :wub:

I've PM'd you.

Love
Karen & Co x