Hello

Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Blooregard Q Kazoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi,

Thought I'd best introduce myself, I'm a 31yo Scotsman who usually programs computer games for a living.

I've recently left my most recent job and fancy a change, so having no mortgage etc to worry about I've decided to take my laptop and meagre savings and upsticks to the other side of the planet.

All advice is most welcome.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:09 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Blooregard Q Kazoo
Hi,

Thought I'd best introduce myself, I'm a 31yo Scotsman who usually programs computer games for a living.

I've recently left my most recent job and fancy a change, so having no mortgage etc to worry about I've decided to take my laptop and meagre savings and upsticks to the other side of the planet.

Ask what needs to be asked mate and these lurvly ppl will offer as much as they can.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:19 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Hi,

welcome BQK
gotta say that's a great name, whatsit mean?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:16 am
Just Joined

weedave is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Hey BQK,

Where in bonnie scotland you from? where you planning on going?
I left Edinburgh 15 months ago, spent 7 months in perth, then travelled up to Darwin for 3 months then down the east coast, currently in Wollongong.
I think it's the best thing i've ever done. so anything you think i might be able to help you with just ask.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

A very big welcome to you
S xx
Old Jan 29th 2007, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

melpieters is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya matey

It seems I have just replied to two of your other posts without realising it! You have been busy on the forums !

I know nothing about games programming, but if you're on the demand list you'll be fine (c++ I assume?).

I came over on the ETA in Jan 2006, then got a working visa once I was here (Sydney). If you have any questions I should be able to answer the bulk of them.

It's a bit different here to Scotland... lol

Last edited by melpieters; Jan 29th 2007 at 3:57 am.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies all.

Gedge - It's the name of a character from Fosters Home for imaginary Friends.

weedave - I'm from Dundee.

melpieters - It is C++ I do, I'm glad to hear that someone else has successfully managed the route that I was planning to do. I've no doubt that I'll have some questions to ask you later on. Cheers.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 2:47 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Gedge - It's the name of a character from Fosters Home for imaginary Friends.
oh right.... ?

melpieters - It is C++ I do, I'm glad to hear that someone else has successfully managed the route that I was planning to do. I've no doubt that I'll have some questions to ask you later on. Cheers.
reckon you'll have no probs in Sydney
are you going for permanent residency? you could always try the WHV route and find an employee who might consider sponsoring you, no guarantees though
i did that 10 years back but didn't realise what i was passing up by turning them down
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

I'll probably go for permanent residency eventually, at the minute I'm just keen to get out there and sample life in Australia.