Wikiposts

Hello

Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello

Been about for a couple of months just picking up hint n tips and thought its time to say hello.
There's me, a plumber, OH full time mum to our 2yo little boy. Skills assessment came back approved from the TRA last week. We travelled oz in '99. and twice on holiday. Loved it from day one. Have our eye on Sydney over everywhere else. Now comes the visa app. Now also comes the chilly feet, cos were a family now. As much as i know its a good thing, the doubt is always there. Coming here usually gives me a boost to hear people cracking on, and have sworn not to look at the going home threads again!
I hope to chat with some of you over our adventure and hope not to bother too many of you with silly questions.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:40 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Welcome to be, good luck with the plans
xxx
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Welcome to be, good luck with the plans
xxx
Welcome. Of course you`ll have doubts but go for it. If it doesn`t work out you can always come home-with no form filling.Good luck.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:31 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozplumb
Been about for a couple of months just picking up hint n tips and thought its time to say hello.
There's me, a plumber, OH full time mum to our 2yo little boy. Skills assessment came back approved from the TRA last week. We travelled oz in '99. and twice on holiday. Loved it from day one. Have our eye on Sydney over everywhere else. Now comes the visa app. Now also comes the chilly feet, cos were a family now. As much as i know its a good thing, the doubt is always there. Coming here usually gives me a boost to hear people cracking on, and have sworn not to look at the going home threads again!
I hope to chat with some of you over our adventure and hope not to bother too many of you with silly questions.
hi, congrats on your tra and lots of luck with your visa app. we have applied for a modl 136 visa and hopng to move to sunshine coast early nxt yr having never been to aus . we have 2 boys (3 and 5) and i have woobles on a regular basis(hope thats the norm) but i know that if i keep reminding myself why we're doing this then i know we'll be fine
tracey
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Neil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ozplumb
Hi Ozplumb. Hope it goes well. How did you get your trade certs verified; who do you apply to (I'm assuming you've got City & Guilds/NVQs). What do they want; just a photocopy of the certs with CITB City and Guild numbers? How long is a copy valid for, do they have to be counter-signed by a JP etc? How much does verification cost? We want to move to WA.

Regards, Neil
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:15 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil Jackson
Hi Ozplumb. Hope it goes well. How did you get your trade certs verified; who do you apply to (I'm assuming you've got City & Guilds/NVQs). What do they want; just a photocopy of the certs with CITB City and Guild numbers? How long is a copy valid for, do they have to be counter-signed by a JP etc? How much does verification cost? We want to move to WA.

Regards, Neil
areet there mate, you will need copies of everything i am a time served toolmaker and so did a city and guilds, we photo copied everything and then had them signed as certifeid copies of the original documents. the mrs best mates hubby is a police officer and he signed all ours for a little fee being

You also have to do a description of everything you have done references etc etc.

PM me mate if you want to know more about what we did for ours- i know they wnt be the same but we could give you a few pointers.

Good luck and enjoy the ride..........
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

can't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nice
Smile Re: Hello

hello.
we're new to the site me,hubby(plaster) and our daughter(6yrs).
we have been thinking and talking about moving to oz for the last year.
so enough is enough and we have just started emigration process.
i feel optimistic and VERY nervous about the future
but i know it will be great for us as a family i'm just nervous, and now i have found this site i know I'll be okay.
i hope to chat to lots of people about our big adventure.]
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Neil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
areet there mate, you will need copies of everything i am a time served toolmaker and so did a city and guilds, we photo copied everything and then had them signed as certifeid copies of the original documents. the mrs best mates hubby is a police officer and he signed all ours for a little fee being

You also have to do a description of everything you have done references etc etc.

PM me mate if you want to know more about what we did for ours- i know they wnt be the same but we could give you a few pointers.

Areet there mate? Sounds suspiciously Mansfield/Ilkeston/Eastwood to me. Thanks; one of my students is a retired DCI, believe it or not. They retire at mid-fifties; makes you sick. So I'll get him to vouch for it all. But who does it all get sent to? And do they serve nice tasting strong lager, like the 5.5 %German stuff we have in the UK, or is it all 4 % shandy? These are important questions, and I think the public have a right to know.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Neil jackson

Hello mate, the link for the TRA is below, this gives you all the basic stuff you need to know.

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...oAustralia.htm

you need to post it all to

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...oAustralia.htm

If you want more specifics about what i sent let me know and ill PM you.

Oh, we were doing a job for an accountant, he signed em up for nowt

Last edited by ozplumb; Dec 6th 2006 at 6:55 am.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

can't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nice

Thanks bud that we be a great help,hubby working away at the mo,so i'm trying to write down how he got his training, i'm like oh my god this is a nightmare,and i know it's not going to get any better just yet,
beside trying to do this i have a 6 year old crying because she wants to put up the Xmas tree. thanks UOTE=Katsmajics other half !!!]areet there mate, you will need copies of everything i am a time served toolmaker and so did a city and guilds, we photo copied everything and then had them signed as certifeid copies of the original documents. the mrs best mates hubby is a police officer and he signed all ours for a little fee being

Good luck and enjoy the ride..........[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Neil jackson

Thanks for the links i'm going to add them to my favorites so i don't forget them.
I can't believe how hard this is going to be to do, i known it will be worth it in the end but just now it feels like a nightmare.
If you have any tips i would be very gratefully. cheers
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks i have a feeling we may need all the luck we can get.
Just didn't know how hard it would be, and this this just the start. cheers
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:05 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by can't wait
Thanks bud that we be a great help,hubby working away at the mo,so i'm trying to write down how he got his training, i'm like oh my god this is a nightmare,and i know it's not going to get any better just yet,
beside trying to do this i have a 6 year old crying because she wants to put up the Xmas tree. thanks UOTE=Katsmajics other half !!!]areet there mate, you will need copies of everything i am a time served toolmaker and so did a city and guilds, we photo copied everything and then had them signed as certifeid copies of the original documents. the mrs best mates hubby is a police officer and he signed all ours for a little fee being

[/QUOTE]

hi
you have my sympathy, my 6 yr old has wanted to put up tree for the last two weeks!! just wanted to offer my assistance as well, hubby passed tra as a bricklayer, and if you want to you can pm me for info. good luck
traceyx
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tracey,
congratulates to you and your family well done,
Any help would be great right now, i feel like we are going round in circles.
what with hubby working away, 6 year old getting giggle for Xmas, one dog and a pile of ironing, i feel like shouting i'm a mum get me out of here, lol, i don't know how any body else feels but my head is in bits.
take care and cheers
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:24 pm
so far so good

Originally Posted by can't wait
Thanks Tracey,
congratulates to you and your family well done,
Any help would be great right now, i feel like we are going round in circles.
what with hubby working away, 6 year old getting giggle for Xmas, one dog and a pile of ironing, i feel like shouting i'm a mum get me out of here, lol, i don't know how any body else feels but my head is in bits.
take care and cheers
oh god, you've just reminded me what i should be doing........ ironing :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.