Hello!

Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:39 am

Amazon10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Hello!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site but have been in Australia since January of this year. I'm 32 years old from London and on a WHV. Having a brilliant time here, living by the ocean (Bondi!) and enjoying the outdoors lifestyle!!

Its such a great experience to live and work in another country, especially in one as welcoming as Australia.

But I am at a crossroads... the company I am temping with have offered me the position I am covering for and will sort out my sponsorship. Half of me is very excited about the prospect of staying here a bit longer, but the other half is scared! :scared: Its such a big commitment!

Has anyone else had this feeling or am I being silly?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by Amazon10
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site but have been in Australia since January of this year. I'm 32 years old from London and on a WHV. Having a brilliant time here, living by the ocean (Bondi!) and enjoying the outdoors lifestyle!!

Its such a great experience to live and work in another country, especially in one as welcoming as Australia.

But I am at a crossroads... the company I am temping with have offered me the position I am covering for and will sort out my sponsorship. Half of me is very excited about the prospect of staying here a bit longer, but the other half is scared! :scared: Its such a big commitment!

Has anyone else had this feeling or am I being silly?
Hello, wlcome to the mad world of BE

I think it's pretty normal to be a little scared.

What sort of sponsership visa are they going to get you on?, try for a PR one if you can
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hello, wlcome to the mad world of BE

I think it's pretty normal to be a little scared.

What sort of sponsership visa are they going to get you on?, try for a PR one if you can

I'm assuming it will be a business 457 visa. Why would it be good to try and get a PR one?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming it will be a business 457 visa. Why would it be good to try and get a PR one?

You get more benefits with the a permanent one.

See post 15 here to see the down side of the 457 visa.

Always better to try an negotiate a PR one if you can. Depending on circumstances and stuff there are a few that you could use, like RSMS or ENS. See here for options.

Nothing wrong with using the 457, so long as you are aware of it's bad points or if it is a stepping stone to a PR one. I know plenty of people who are OK with it, but then I also know quite a lot who aren't.

Good luck with it all, I'm sure you'll be fine
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
You get more benefits with the a permanent one.

See post 15 here to see the down side of the 457 visa.

Always better to try an negotiate a PR one if you can. Depending on circumstances and stuff there are a few that you could use, like RSMS or ENS. See here for options.

Nothing wrong with using the 457, so long as you are aware of it's bad points or if it is a stepping stone to a PR one. I know plenty of people who are OK with it, but then I also know quite a lot who aren't.

Good luck with it all, I'm sure you'll be fine
Don't think my level of skills are high enough for those types of visas, but thanks for the heads up.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't think my level of skills are high enough for those types of visas, but thanks for the heads up.

Oh well. Like I said I know plenty who are fine with it and it does give some a foot in the door.