Hello

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

paisneil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi

Just wanting a bit of advice .I have been offered a job in Australia (melbourne).The salary is aroung Aus $850 a week .I was wondering if this is considered to be a good salary as per australian standards or mediocre, and with a decent living would I be able to save anything.

regards
sunshine
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Sorry can not help you that way. But the wage is not to bad i think it is £331.00 somethink like that i think you can live .

sorry again

Ann Marie
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:53 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally posted by paisneil
Hi

Just wanting a bit of advice .I have been offered a job in Australia (melbourne).The salary is aroung Aus $850 a week .I was wondering if this is considered to be a good salary as per australian standards or mediocre, and with a decent living would I be able to save anything.

regards
sunshine
Hi sunshine,

Use the search box top right of the screen and just put in "wages".

That calls up a few past threads on the subject that have some useful info and some are quite recent.

Welcome to the forum
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 8:57 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paisneil
Hi

regards
sunshine
Well, Its about an average wage. In Melbourne you can get a 2 bed apartment for A$275 per wk or 3 bed for A$335 per wk http://www.aussiehome.com/VIC/property.asp?pid=30688 or house for A$560 http://www.aussiehome.com/VIC/property.asp?pid=30688

If you are prepared to be further out in the suburbs then you can get accom cheaper

Cost of living (food, leccy, tel, car insurance etc) is about A$450 - 500 per wk for ave family.

So probably NO, you wont be able to save very much, but you will be able to live as long as your expections arent for large house, pool, eating out all the time, holidays etc....
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 9:05 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

forgot to say, check here http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/d...e=2&TextOnly=0 to see the OZ wide average for your profession (bear in mind this IS oz wide and some areas are better / worse than others)