Heatwave

Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

big_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud of
Default Heatwave

How crazy is the weather today (Melb)? Apparently its almost topping 44 degrees at the moment (5:45pm). Never felt anything like this even in years in Brisbane. Apparently Adelaide may have hit 46 which is its highest temperature of all time.

I dont really think you should have to go into work in this heat, especially if you rely on trams with no air con etc. Cant be safe.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heatwave

Heard it was heading high on the news last night. 47 was mentioned, highest temps in Melbourne in over 100 years. We don't get it that hot here, it rarely hits 40. We just get hit with the humidity which doesn't bother me but affects a huge amount of people.

Hope it doesn't last long and you all stay well. I think going to work is a good idea - more likely to have good air con there than at home. Don't forget to drink plenty of WATER
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

big_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Heard it was heading high on the news last night. 47 was mentioned, highest temps in Melbourne in over 100 years. We don't get it that hot here, it rarely hits 40. We just get hit with the humidity which doesn't bother me but affects a huge amount of people.

Hope it doesn't last long and you all stay well. I think going to work is a good idea - more likely to have good air con there than at home. Don't forget to drink plenty of WATER
yea i dont mind the humidity - never bothered me. Feel like I cant even go out side in this though! Luckily aircon was installed last week, worth every penny!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:04 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pretending that I've gone on holiday to southern Greece for a week.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big_matt
How crazy is the weather today (Melb)? Apparently its almost topping 44 degrees at the moment (5:45pm). Never felt anything like this even in years in Brisbane. Apparently Adelaide may have hit 46 which is its highest temperature of all time.

I dont really think you should have to go into work in this heat, especially if you rely on trams with no air con etc. Cant be safe.

Apparently theres People up in Qland, that dont feel comfortable until it hits 35.... Bullsheet !!!

I'll be glad when it gets back to under 30 again, like most normal human beings.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big_matt

Temperatures in the CBD and suburbs topped 40C at about 10am (CST), reaching 45.5C just before 2pm, before dropping back to 45.2C.
The hottest temperature recorded in Adelaide was 46.1C, 70 years ago*

Thanks to Tiggs' facebook status
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Apparently theres People up in Qland, that dont feel comfortable until it hits 35.... Bullsheet !!!
It's a crock....they only say things like that when they know they are in the company of mexicans or poms!

If its all dinky di Qld'ers they'd be going on about how it is!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:55 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

43.2 degrees I heard on the news when they were talking about Melbourne CBD today. SIXTY DEGREES ON CENTRE COURT,Rod Laver today before they EVENTUALLY brought the roof over.

I am not a happy bunny. No aircon in our rental and the fans we have are blowing warm air at us.
Had a pointless chat with a hairdresser today who thought the warmer than 43.2 temps predicted would be just "ACE".
What an idiot.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about

We regularly get temps of 45' and over here and you're right it's not ACE at all!!!
Bit cooler now thanks to the cyclone but really humid instead which I hate.
Roll on May when it cools down properly!!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
43.2 degrees I heard on the news when they were talking about Melbourne CBD today. SIXTY DEGREES ON CENTRE COURT,Rod Laver today before they EVENTUALLY brought the roof over.

I am not a happy bunny. No aircon in our rental and the fans we have are blowing warm air at us.
Had a pointless chat with a hairdresser today who thought the warmer than 43.2 temps predicted would be just "ACE".
What an idiot.

Probably pointless for you Pearly, but just in case anyone else is in the same boat - it's well worth getting portable aircon from Bunnings to help, even if it's just for the bedroom at night time. I got an evap aircon unit for $80, just now it's keeping my turtle cool (bless him, he was nearly turtle soup today! )

And just beacuse I don't see you often up here Pearly, good luck in Yorkshire, one of the best places in the world to live....just stay away from Leeds/Bradford and I'm sure you'll be fine
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:54 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Probably pointless for you Pearly, but just in case anyone else is in the same boat - it's well worth getting portable aircon from Bunnings to help, even if it's just for the bedroom at night time. I got an evap aircon unit for $80, just now it's keeping my turtle cool (bless him, he was nearly turtle soup today! )

And just beacuse I don't see you often up here Pearly, good luck in Yorkshire, one of the best places in the world to live....just stay away from Leeds/Bradford and I'm sure you'll be fine
But Wendy - we got a portable one from Bunnings and all it's doing is blowing out warm air - that's with ice in it as well as ontop of it.
Have now resorted to sittin in our pants and spraying each other with cold water guns!!!

P.S. Yes, last time I was out the MBTUK forum I got shouted at so your right, I don't come out to play often on 'ere!
Will say hallo to York for you. Planning on going nowhere near Leeds or Bradford!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
But Wendy - we got a portable one from Bunnings and all it's doing is blowing out warm air - that's with ice in it as well as ontop of it.
Have now resorted to sittin in our pants and spraying each other with cold water guns!!!

P.S. Yes, last time I was out the MBTUK forum I got shouted at so your right, I don't come out to play often on 'ere!
Will say hallo to York for you. Planning on going nowhere near Leeds or Bradford!

Lol, too big a room for the unit maybe? I know ours feels a bit 'sweaty' in a bigger room...unless it's blowing right on you (which it does me. Sod him )

You're very wise But do post me some pics of the Dales if you get chance, I do love the dales they are just amazing
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:09 am
shoot from the hip,baby

Lol, too big a room for the unit maybe? I know ours feels a bit 'sweaty' in a bigger room...unless it's blowing right on you (which it does me. Sod him )

You're very wise But do post me some pics of the Dales if you get chance, I do love the dales they are just amazing
Wendy - I'll definately do that for you once we're settled. x
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:15 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Temperatures in the CBD and suburbs topped 40C at about 10am (CST), reaching 45.5C just before 2pm, before dropping back to 45.2C.
The hottest temperature recorded in Adelaide was 46.1C, 70 years ago*

So where were all the flies today when it got hot?
Did`nt see one of the bastards.
Frikkin pussies!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:18 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

The thermometer in my kitchen at work hit 50' this afternoon - it doesnt go any higher...got to where we were just feeling ill so i closed the kitchen...

never worked in anything like it before

our garden/home thermometer was on 32' at 7am, at 9pm it was on 38'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.