Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HEATHRIDGE OR CRAIGIE

HEATHRIDGE OR CRAIGIE

Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road
Default HEATHRIDGE OR CRAIGIE

I have been looking at the areas of heathridge or craigie to buy a property when we get to oz. What do you think of these areas? Its just thes areas look slightly ceaper than other areas in perth but they look well positioned in terms of the beaches and freeway ect
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HEATHRIDGE OR CRAIGIE

Originally Posted by nessyp
I have been looking at the areas of heathridge or craigie to buy a property when we get to oz. What do you think of these areas? Its just thes areas look slightly ceaper than other areas in perth but they look well positioned in terms of the beaches and freeway ect
I personally think both areas are fine ! both older suburbs but will have bigger block sizes. You will find a few scruffy properties around both Heathridge & Craigie but that is quite usual in most suburbs. Just have a better look when you get here and see which you prefer. IMO i would choose Heathridge, but then again others might say Craigie !

Nicky
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:50 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
I personally think both areas are fine ! both older suburbs but will have bigger block sizes. You will find a few scruffy properties around both Heathridge & Craigie but that is quite usual in most suburbs. Just have a better look when you get here and see which you prefer. IMO i would choose Heathridge, but then again others might say Craigie !

Nicky
Not being cheeky but we drove through Craigie when we first arrived looked a bit ruff could be totally wrong though!! Not sure about heathridge my husband did work there the lady he did the work for said she hated the area and wanted out but again could be wrong, i think there may be a reason why there cheaper.

kezx
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Try Edgewater, again it's an older area, but has the Freeway and Train line on it's doorstep.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:27 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

As others said, a little older than some suburbs (can be 20+ years!) but fine. Watch out for the water treatment works in Craigie - we were put off a rental in Woodvale by the smell but we were unlucky with the winds that day we now know.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

Had a look at edgewater very nice properties for the price. I think this could well be where we rent for a while. Ive got a job in joondalup lined up so grea proximity and even if oh has to travel to work great place next to railway and freeway network.
When we were over a couple of years ago we fancied butler but i feel its too far out at this moment in time. Maybe when freeway and railway get up there it will be more appealing.
Any other places north of the river worth a look? Edgewater looks the fav at the moment, prices around $400k
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:49 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Any other places north of the river worth a look? Edgewater looks the fav at the moment, prices around $400k
Woodvale / Kingsley / Greenwood but more like $500+
A bit further north Carramar (I would say that) and Kinross.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with the suburbs you quote ie Heathridge, and Craigie....... but; there is a sewage treatment plant on the left of the freeway at the Edgewater exit going north (it's a huge plant too!). Residents nearby would perhaps tend to disagree when I say there's nothing wrong with nearby suburbs as there has been an ongoing battle with authorities for years over the smell from same.

Both suburbs are pretty much close to everything and are well supported re infrastructure; but are older style suburbs so maintenance upkeep needs to be taken into consideration........ plus both suburbs have dotted up and down the area HomesWest rentals (council houses as we call them back 'home').

I used to live in a council house in Preston so it didn't do me any harm. Over here though; some HomesWest rentals can often mean social unrest and ant-social behaviour......... but not always.

Edgewater and Woodvale are nearby older style suburbs; both handy for everything. If you fancy something more modern then I'd recommend the likes of Kinross, Carramar, Ridgewood, Tapping, or Somerly. But expect to pay a minimum of somewhere in the region of high $400K's in these newer areas.

Good luck wherever you decide to go.