Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Heaters around the home

Wikiposts

Heaters around the home

Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:18 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heaters around the home

Originally posted by badgersmount
It's starting to get cold at nights here in the Eastern Suburbs of Melnourne. Not cold mind, it just appears that way as we have acclimatised..when I get up on one day last week I was so cold I almost cut myself shaving and had to double my press up allocation. Soon solved it with a cup of tea, and a walk out in to the sun......(!) you bask outside, then freeze and have to put on a jacket when you come INSIDE!!

Now my heater in the lounge room seems to have packed up, or I can't work it out, one of the two but nonetheless I want to buy another one, for the bedroom, which can then be moved to the loungeroom, as MrsB is arrving in 2 weeks.

Good Guys is the place.

Oil filled radiator vs
Convector Heater

Both are 100 bucks. Both are rated for 2000-2400w. Some have low settings and are 800w odd.

There is one which is sooper dooper - 300 odd dollars - 75pc of a day's pay! I'm told that the more money I pay out on the heater the less power it will consume; or at least it will produce more bang for the buck (and thus need to be left on for less time)

Also I plan to get a timeswitch so I can have it come on 15mins before I get out of bed. If it hasn't already got one of course.

Any comments?

BM
Cold in Oz?

We are in June in the uk and we had our heating on last night!! In the summer!!

Anyway my cousin in Perth informs me he is freezing at night, 9 degrees, god bless him, but a couple of days back it was 24 thru the day so can't be bad in the middle of winter.

On the heater front we are shipping over 3 oiled filled radiators, 25 english squids from B&Q, they blast out the heat and are silent, no timers on but have plug timers so just as good.

Can't wait to class 9 degrees as cold thou!!

Walla (Of the Antartic AKA Gateshead!!)
Old Jun 19th 2004, 2:24 am
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

yep its cooled down again in the UK, and last night it dropped to 5C.

They reckon up until yesterday England and Wales had only received 10% of the normal rainfall for June. Think its waiting for Wimbledon to start eh?

Marko
Old Jun 19th 2004, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember to check to MAX power of your timer switch. A lot are only designed to handle up to 5 amps.

A heater will draw 10 amps assuming 2.5 KW!!

Know someone who had a very close thing setting them to heat their flat before they returned from work in the evening.