Reload this Page >

The heat of Brisbane

The heat of Brisbane

Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

readytogo is on a distinguished road
Default The heat of Brisbane

Hi All

Just a quick question, we received our visas two weeks ago and were planning on going out to Victoria Point first week of Nov, howeverwe are now concerned by the heat as our two year old hasn't been coping with the recent heat here in the uk ! he becomes very iratable,and we were wondering how others have coped with small children and how they have adjusted,

Our alternative is to go to Sydney because of the milder climate, we just need to get a feel for how others cope as now the visas have arrived it has all become so very real !!

Many thanks

David, Jenny, Sophie & Daniel
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:25 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: The heat of Brisbane

Originally posted by readytogo
Hi All

Just a quick question, we received our visas two weeks ago and were planning on going out to Victoria Point first week of Nov, howeverwe are now concerned by the heat as our two year old hasn't been coping with the recent heat here in the uk ! he becomes very iratable,and we were wondering how others have coped with small children and how they have adjusted,

Our alternative is to go to Sydney because of the milder climate, we just need to get a feel for how others cope as now the visas have arrived it has all become so very real !!

Many thanks

David, Jenny, Sophie & Daniel
This last summer was HOT for a few weeks. If you get a house with Air Con, you "should" be OK.
I don't know what this summer will be like, but when reading what it was like last December, please allow for the fact that we recorded the hottest temperatures for , I think 80 years.

Also, Sydney gets hot !

So, choose your area carefully.

When we moved to Brisbane Bayside, from Western Sydney in Dec 2002, my wife was concerned about the heat up here. In Dec 2003, when she went back for 1 week, she came home and told me it was to hot for her in Sydney. She now prefers it here. The bayside breezes keep us relatively cool.

I'll send you a PM, as I live in Victoria Point.