Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Heartbreak, help please

Heartbreak, help please

Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:27 am
Just Joined

markymark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heartbreak, help please

Hi All, Just need some advice. Having just got to the TRA stage my whole world has taken a nose dive. Last Saturday my wife went out to her friends for a girlie night in and said she wouldn't be long. By 2am she still wasn't home I was wide awake as our baby had woken up and would not go back to sleep. I called her mobile and when she answered I heard a bloke in the background say ( that will be the husband ) the phone went dead. I phoned again and I asked who the bloke was she said she was at a taxi rank waiting for a cab and it was a guy standing beside her. As it turns out the following day I found out she went back to the guys flat with him and his mate, I hit the roof and we had a big argument but she insists nothing happened she just went back for a coffee and to wait for a taxi. Anyone got any advice for me.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:29 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heartbreak, help please

Originally posted by markymark
Hi All, Just need some advice. Having just got to the TRA stage my whole world has taken a nose dive. Last Saturday my wife went out to her friends for a girlie night in and said she wouldn't be long. By 2am she still wasn't home I was wide awake as our baby had woken up and would not go back to sleep. I called her mobile and when she answered I heard a bloke in the background say ( that will be the husband ) the phone went dead. I phoned again and I asked who the bloke was she said she was at a taxi rank waiting for a cab and it was a guy standing beside her. As it turns out the following day I found out she went back to the guys flat with him and his mate, I hit the roof and we had a big argument but she insists nothing happened she just went back for a coffee and to wait for a taxi. Anyone got any advice for me.

Confront her with it or take it to counselling, or speak with her mates !

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Jan 21st 2004 at 11:37 am.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:33 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

not really mate. you will have to decide whether you trust your wife or not. if not then get out quick.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Think yuo ereally need to sort this with your wife. If you dont its gonna haunt you
Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:48 am
WBB

sounds a bit dodgy to me mate, dont think this is the place to discuss it but if it were me i would want it sorted out pronto.

do you trust your wife?

Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point

Speak to her before you get far along in the process.
Maybe speak to her friends too.

Hope that you get it sorted out.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Difficult topic to discuss on here and possibly a bit too hurtful, use your instincts as only you really know.

I hope things work out for you.

Carrianne
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:20 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by welshboybilly

do you trust your wife?

The million dollar question, there.

If yes, you have to believe her and make amends for hitting the roof

If no.........you have to ask yourself some hard questions, I think.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:29 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

What does Dr Phil say?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Markymark,

Even if your wife did make a "mistake" you should forgive her at least once, for the sake of the baby and the time you have invested as a couple.

Best of luck with this one, your world must be upside down.

Phil.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:39 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

as they all say, you must get this sorted before you proceed any further with your application.
No point in spending money for no reason if she has been playing away you would want to stay close to your kid here in the uk.
And it is best to find out now while still here.
Good luck.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear of your predicament, maybe you could ask someone to look after your baby, so then you could have a heart to heart and get everything out in the open.

Good luck

Karen
Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lee-Louise is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you should try to look at the wider picture after all this isn't just you and your wife, you have a baby to consider.
There are so many questions surrounding this:
Has she broken your trust before/have you broken hers.
How young is your baby? Has your wife been guilty of attention seeking? Not to be confused with adultry.
Have you given each other attention?
Without knowing so many things about your situation no-one can ease your mind.
However, keep talking to each other and listen to each other

Lee-Louise
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Lany is on a distinguished road

Thats really awful, if she was having a girly night in why did she need to go to a taxi rank in the first place and y wud ther b men at a girly night?? It must be horrible for u. U need to have a long talk with her, but try to stay calm. hope it works out ok for u.