Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

From The Heart, My Honest Thoughts

From The Heart, My Honest Thoughts

Old Sep 30th 2005, 2:36 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default From The Heart, My Honest Thoughts

Well folks nine months in and it has not been the breeze i thought it might be!! after jumping hurdle after hurdle in the UK to get here and thinking (wrongly) that Australia would be the answer & solution to every problem i had in mine & my familys life reality has come calling.

The biggest mistake i made was thinking that distance evaporates your problems & your issues, for one reason or another our start here was not the greatest and it has seemed like an uphill battle ever since, it is with all honesty & an open heart that i can say that i have only come to accept what i have in my life and in this country in the past couple of days, to do this i have had to remember the reasons we as a family left the UK in the first place.

Some of the things you expect to happen when you leave the UK just dont come to pass, you expect that the people you grow up with will keep in touch and you will be as much in touch with the UK as you were when you lived there, naive & foolish i know but a lesson hard learned on my behalf, the best mate i thought i had has not contacted me once since we got here!! it takes time to learn that life goes on with out you being there and people have their own lives to lead and their own issues to deal with.

One of the hardest things i have had to deal with is the fact that i no longer have any contact with my mum & dad, my mum & dad were always a focal point in our familys life and when they turned on us(more specifically my wife) the week before we left it left me shaken to the core, the biggest mistake i made there was feeling bad for myself instead of feeling bad for the person worst affected who was Donna.

Folks this could be a gone with the wind but in summary, when i look i what i've got, i have a great deal, i have a loving wife who is also my best pal, i have my kids, i have seen what the UK has to offer and i like a lot of it, but this life is for the living and in the times where i have opened my eye's, mind & heart to what Australia has i know it has a great deal, me & donna have offered our kids an opportunity that not many can, from now on i am going to live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself.

Final Summary: A huge sorry to my wife & kids for dragging my heels and not getting my prioritys straight. D as ever you gave me the kick up the arse i needed, thankyou.

And for the folk coming, just come eyes wide open and accept this diverse nation for what it is and what it can offer you. It wont be for everyone but remember you choose it, it never choose you.

Cheers.

Mr Madsad.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 2:43 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From The Heart, My Honest Thoughts

Originally Posted by madsad

And for the folk coming, just come eyes wide open and accept this diverse nation for what it is and what it can offer you. It wont be for everyone but remember you choose it, it never choose you.

Cheers.

Mr Madsad.
Nice post Mr Madsad. I know what you mean about friends - relocating within the UK has perfectly illustrated that to me, let alone moving hemispheres!! Hope the next 9 months prove to be more in line with your ambitions for yourself and your family.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 2:46 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

wish i had been there to see that kick up the arse
great post pal....loved the bit about donna being your best pal, that should get you your nat king tonight
hope u start a thread on it the morra
right nae merr shit. lovely post and very refreshing. hope your luck turns for the better pal. u all deserve it after the fight u had to get here.

Well folks nine months in and it has not been the breeze i thought it might be!! after jumping hurdle after hurdle in the UK to get here and thinking (wrongly) that Australia would be the answer & solution to every problem i had in mine & my familys life reality has come calling.

The biggest mistake i made was thinking that distance evaporates your problems & your issues, for one reason or another our start here was not the greatest and it has seemed like an uphill battle ever since, it is with all honesty & an open heart that i can say that i have only come to accept what i have in my life and in this country in the past couple of days, to do this i have had to remember the reasons we as a family left the UK in the first place.

Some of the things you expect to happen when you leave the UK just dont come to pass, you expect that the people you grow up with will keep in touch and you will be as much in touch with the UK as you were when you lived there, naive & foolish i know but a lesson hard learned on my behalf, the best mate i thought i had has not contacted me once since we got here!! it takes time to learn that life goes on with out you being there and people have their own lives to lead and their own issues to deal with.

One of the hardest things i have had to deal with is the fact that i no longer have any contact with my mum & dad, my mum & dad were always a focal point in our familys life and when they turned on us(more specifically my wife) the week before we left it left me shaken to the core, the biggest mistake i made there was feeling bad for myself instead of feeling bad for the person worst affected who was Donna.

Folks this could be a gone with the wind but in summary, when i look i what i've got, i have a great deal, i have a loving wife who is also my best pal, i have my kids, i have seen what the UK has to offer and i like a lot of it, but this life is for the living and in the times where i have opened my eye's, mind & heart to what Australia has i know it has a great deal, me & donna have offered our kids an opportunity that not many can, from now on i am going to live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself.

Final Summary: A huge sorry to my wife & kids for dragging my heels and not getting my prioritys straight. D as ever you gave me the kick up the arse i needed, thankyou.

Cheers.

Mr Madsad.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 2:48 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

forgot to add
NINE FKN MONTHS ALREADY??????????
good stuff guys
next beers on u lot
Old Sep 30th 2005, 2:50 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
forgot to add
NINE FKN MONTHS ALREADY??????????
good stuff guys
next beers on u lot

wee man as soon as you get here, you are on.

Old Sep 30th 2005, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Good onya Mr Madsad. Keep in there.

Now where is the fitba latest.....Did yer team finish bottom of the league?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 2:52 pm
Master of verbal pish©

wee man as soon as you get here, you are on.

wont be long now mate. oh aye where is awe the pish aboot yir team????
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:09 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Great post Mr Madsad. Only too sorry to read that you have not had the greatest of starts. From reading Donna's posts and from seeing the photos on photogallery you have got yourself a lovely family there. I'm glad that you can appreciate that. I don't know what happened with your parents, but Donna and your children are your family. Hard as it may seem, they are the ones that are important, cherish them as you never know what life throws at you. All the best for the future and hope that things only get easier.

Anne x
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:16 pm

wont be long now mate. oh aye where is awe the pish aboot yir team????

whit team? what you on about, hearts hearts glourious hearts!!

i'll get ma coat
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:18 pm
Master of verbal pish©

whit team? what you on about, hearts hearts glourious hearts!!

i'll get ma coat
naw naw ya nutter....i couldnt kerr kess aboot yir hame team. im talkin about the team u play for
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

I see an Albert Kidd remake in may
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:22 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Muzza04
I see an Albert Kidd remake in may
billy the kid more like
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

Mr Madsad.
Hi Malcolm and Donna,

God, it sounds like you've had a pretty rough ride. I sincerely hope that you're getting things smoothed out now, or at least some of them...

I no longer speak to my family other than my Mum, so I've got that bit out of the way already and I haven't even left yet!! I don't expect I'll even keep in touch with many folks in the UK either, as I've heard comments like yours before that often mates you've known for years will suddenly cease contact or 'go all funny on you' as soon as you make the move... Very sad, but at least I'm expecting it from at least a few of them...

Take care you too, and PM me anytime if you want a chat, I will always listen even if I can't straighten things out for you.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:34 pm

naw naw ya nutter....i couldnt kerr kess aboot yir hame team. im talkin about the team u play for

sorry ma team here, *****in brilliant wee man, we finished 10th top of the league!!

Zinedine Fatman!!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Malc, it's about time you came on here, kick Donna out of the seat more often.

You've had a really rough time this last year, it would have finished loads of us off and obviously a lot of the rubbish travelled with you. Change doesn't happen overnight. At least you have now had that kick up the backside. Look forward, don't look back, enjoy your life and hard as it is forget the crap back in Scotland. It's neither yours nor Donna's fault that your parents have had lobotomies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.