Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Healthy Aussie Lifestyle on offer for British kids.

Healthy Aussie Lifestyle on offer for British kids.

Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Healthy Aussie Lifestyle on offer for British kids.

I often snigger when I hear of worried parents, who reckon that taking their offspring to OZ means they will instantly become sporty, healthy types.

Of course at least they will not have drugs to lead them astray.

$3.7m haul of ecstasy bound for schoolies
By Les Kennedy
November 19, 2004

A crime syndicate had planned to sell $3.7 million of ecstasy to students during schoolies' week on the Gold Coast, police say.

But the plan was smashed in a joint operation by federal, Queensland and NSW police yesterday that led to the seizure of 90,000 tablets of the drug at a Central Coast freeway petrol station.

NSW and Australian Federal Police officers swooped on a vehicle carrying two men, one aged 38 from Gosford, the other aged 34 from the Gold Coast, when they stopped at the centre off the F3 at Warnervale.

The pair had been trailed for more than 60 kilometres from the northern Sydney suburb of Chatswood after an alleged stake-out by police observed a meeting between three men, federal police said.

Inside the car police allegedly found 30 containers each with 3000 ecstasy tablets inside. The drugs and the two men were taken to Gosford police station, where they were charged late yesterday with possession and are expected to face extradition proceedings to Queensland today.

Advertisement
AdvertisementA 40-year-old Victorian man was arrested at Chatswood allegedly in possession of $200,000 in cash. He is also expected to face a court hearing in Sydney today for extradition to Queensland.

Police alleged the drugs were intercepted en route to the Gold Coast for sale during schoolies' week celebrations.

The arrests in NSW coincided with the arrest of a 30-year-old man in Tweed Heads.

The investigation, which also involved the Queensland Crime and Misconduct Commission, began in April under codename Operation Charlie Yield.

Federal police said search warrants were also executed at residences on the Gold Coast and Tweed Heads.

A Queensland police superintendent, Steve Grant, said the operation was important because a significant amount of the drug had been prevented from reaching the streets.

"The size and timing of the seizure means that the availability of this dangerous drug will be significantly reduced over the schoolies' holiday period," he said.

An Australian Federal Police agent, Anne Dellaca, said investigations were continuing to determine the source of the ecstasy. Police ruled out a link to the recent record seizure of 820 kilograms of ecstasy in Sydney said to have been found in an oven imported from Poland.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...oneclick=true#
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:47 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Healthy Aussie Lifestyle on offer for British kids.

Originally Posted by eatstatic
I often snigger when I hear of worried parents, who reckon that taking their offspring to OZ means they will instantly become sporty, healthy types.

$3.7m haul of ecstasy bound for schoolies
By Les Kennedy
November 19, 2004

A crime syndicate had planned to sell $3.7 million of ecstasy to students during schoolies' week on the Gold Coast, police say.

But the plan was smashed in a joint operation by federal, Queensland and NSW police yesterday that led to the seizure of 90,000 tablets of the drug at a Central Coast freeway petrol station.

NSW and Australian Federal Police officers swooped on a vehicle carrying two men, one aged 38 from Gosford, the other aged 34 from the Gold Coast, when they stopped at the centre off the F3 at Warnervale.

The pair had been trailed for more than 60 kilometres from the northern Sydney suburb of Chatswood after an alleged stake-out by police observed a meeting between three men, federal police said.

Inside the car police allegedly found 30 containers each with 3000 ecstasy tablets inside. The drugs and the two men were taken to Gosford police station, where they were charged late yesterday with possession and are expected to face extradition proceedings to Queensland today.

Advertisement
AdvertisementA 40-year-old Victorian man was arrested at Chatswood allegedly in possession of $200,000 in cash. He is also expected to face a court hearing in Sydney today for extradition to Queensland.

Police alleged the drugs were intercepted en route to the Gold Coast for sale during schoolies' week celebrations.

The arrests in NSW coincided with the arrest of a 30-year-old man in Tweed Heads.

The investigation, which also involved the Queensland Crime and Misconduct Commission, began in April under codename Operation Charlie Yield.

Federal police said search warrants were also executed at residences on the Gold Coast and Tweed Heads.

A Queensland police superintendent, Steve Grant, said the operation was important because a significant amount of the drug had been prevented from reaching the streets.

"The size and timing of the seizure means that the availability of this dangerous drug will be significantly reduced over the schoolies' holiday period," he said.

An Australian Federal Police agent, Anne Dellaca, said investigations were continuing to determine the source of the ecstasy. Police ruled out a link to the recent record seizure of 820 kilograms of ecstasy in Sydney said to have been found in an oven imported from Poland.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...oneclick=true#

You can't escape drug's there were ever you go you just have to hope your kids have the sence not to bother with them.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=eatstatic]I often snigger when I hear of worried parents, who reckon that taking their offspring to OZ means they will instantly become sporty, healthy types.

QUOTE]
snore......zzzzzzzzz
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=darkless]

QUOTE]
snore......zzzzzzzzz
Good to see that you enjoy your kip. Once in Oz you will have plenty of time for that, your dreams will excite you far more than the "lifestyle" on offer in the dead suburban wasteland you will inhabit.

Anyway, I wonder what the reaction would have been if some wannabee POM dreamer posted a similar story about drug dealers targeting British kids? My guess would be a load of support along the lines of "I cannot wait to get my kids and I out of this dump" Letting off does not change the facts, I quoted it form The Sydney Morning Herald.

I will accept that you have no opinion to offer and only wish to read glossy brouchers on Australia.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Good to see that you enjoy your kip. Once in Oz you will have plenty of time for that, your dreams will excite you far more than the "lifestyle" on offer in the dead suburban wasteland you will inhabit.

Anyway, I wonder what the reaction would have been if some wannabee POM dreamer posted a similar story about drug dealers targeting British kids? My guess would be a load of support along the lines of "I cannot wait to get my kids and I out of this dump" Letting off does not change the facts, I quoted it form The Sydney Morning Herald.

I will accept that you have no opinion to offer and only wish to read glossy brouchers on Australia.

Not at all, but it is not NEW news - we all know there is a drugs problem in OZ and therefore will handle this with our kids appropriately. My snooxing during your post was more to the fact that this very subject was discussed only yesterday on one thread and your 'informative quoting' would have better been posted there.

As for the comment regarding people targeting British Kids with drugs, well we all know that happens so why would we be shocked, just like we know it happens in OZ, NZ, USA, .... <continue listing most countries of the world>.

Drugs are everywhere, as are dickheads, at the end of the day you just have to learn to cope with them the best way you can..
Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

My son just reminded me, he took a video cam to schoolies 2002 and yes I have seen parts of it :scared: although I can assure its something his mother will never see

Aussie kids live it up like no others, just like when we were young here, drugs sex booze parties and cars rule, must be all that sunshine
Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:44 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Its nice to have Kong back though with all his worldly experience of our fantastic "third world" country over here.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bordy
Its nice to have Kong back though with all his worldly experience of our fantastic "third world" country over here.
You will have to pardon my ignorance, but who is Kong?
Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
A guy who would paste articles from the australian media that were about stuff like drugs, crime, environmental abuse etc, lets just say he pointed out the other side.

However it was not very well accepted by the majority, some tho thought he provided some balance, as I suggested many times what he posted was usually on page 1 of the daily aus newspapers, easily available to migrants online but obviously not used very often
Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:03 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Kong was someone who loved posting any snippets from the newspapers or internet that had stories of drugs or crimes etc in Australia, anything that showed Aus was not a paradise.
Which is ok. I doubt very much if anyone moving here thinks we have no problems but it gets a bit tedious after a while.
I'm not sure if he was banned or not but it seems he has come back under another name. ie Eatstatic.

You treat his posts with a pinch of salt but he does get some people stirred up & the debate is quite funny to read sometimes.