Reload this Page >

Healthier in Oz ??

Healthier in Oz ??

Old Mar 3rd 2007, 7:39 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Healthier in Oz ??

Originally Posted by Kapri
I don't know how my physical health will be affected but I'm aiming for better mental health.
I will be getting rid of a stressful management job and back to nursing which I love.
I'm getting rid of a huge mortgage for a more manageable one.
I want to embrace a whole different lifestyle.

Thats very motivating
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:35 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iPom
IT class is gripping stuff then, Lisa?
Yeh (not) thats why I was looking on here instead of doing my work, I got bored.
Lisa
xxxx
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula 1
australia has the worst skin cancer rate in the world, a few people i know have had operations or serious warnings from the docor, give me eczema or asthma anyday, now thats what i call healthy
Spoken by someone who has obviously never spent the night screaming in pain from a bad attack of eczema or had to go to work wearing bandages on their legs because of the weeping sores, made worse by the humidity.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 5th 2007 at 8:05 am.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:07 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I don't miss feeling like I'm going to die from lack of oxygen now I don't have an asthma problem either...
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Spoken by someone who has obviously never spent the night screaming in pain from a bad attack of eczema or had to go to work wearing bandages on their legs because of the weeping sores, made worse by the humidity.
obviously you dont know anyone who has had cancer
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:40 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF has cancer got to do with having asthma or excema?

What a bloody stupid thing to say.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:58 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
Anyone who has moved to Australia & generally find it better for your health ?

i.e , hayfever , Eczema , asthma , maybe even rheumatism .... has living downunder improved your health ?

s&r
Seriously, I used to think I was unhealthy in the UK, but then I came here and have had more ailments than you can shake a stick at. Dry and sore skin, needing to pee all the time from all the water I now need to drink. Sore chuff, split heels, bad back, and lots of food poisoning. More headaches and a lot more sore throats. twice the number of colds too.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Actually my dad and two close friends died of it in the last few years.

Originally Posted by iPom
WTF has cancer got to do with having asthma or excema?

What a bloody stupid thing to say.
Exactly. They are completely different and incomparable.
My original point was that to say "give me eczema or asthma anyday, now thats what i call healthy" is to show a complete lack of understanding for either condition. Eczema and asthma (hopefully) will not kill you, but they could never be described as "healthy"
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:37 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has asthma and uses his inhalers several times each day in the UK.

Whilst in australia for 31/2 weeks he used it 3 times.