Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Healthier in Oz ??

Healthier in Oz ??

Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Healthier in Oz ??

Anyone who has moved to Australia & generally find it better for your health ?

i.e , hayfever , Eczema , asthma , maybe even rheumatism .... has living downunder improved your health ?

s&r
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthier in Oz ??

Originally Posted by scott&rachel

i.e , hayfever , Eczema , asthma , maybe even rheumatism .... has living downunder improved your health ?

s&r
Why should it be
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:25 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

s&r
When I first went to Australia for two weeks, my husband and I realised that my asthma was alot better.

When I went for 6 weeks on my own the following year, I used my inhaler once and that was when I went snorkelling on the barrier reef.

My health improved considerably and the climate suited me. But what suits one, may not suit the other as we all have our own triggers when it comes to asthma.

Personally, I prefer heat. When I was in Cyprus last year it was 40 degrees on the beach and I feel very comfortable in that heat.

So I guess it depends on the person, but for me and my asthma, it was as though someone had taken it away from me and bloody gave it back to me a few days after landing back in the UK
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

s&r
Well our friends moved out 12 months ago and the husband hasn't used his inhaler since
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
Why should it be
see above
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

see above

...and a lot of people find their allergies and asthma get worse.

It depends on what you are allergic to. Victoria is one of the worst places in the world for Asthma.
It is also not uncommon for asthma and allergies to improve for a while with a change of circumstance but then to return months or years later.

That is why many people notice an improvement when they are on holiday.

G
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

...and a lot of people find their allergies and asthma get worse.

G

So let these ppl post & we'll see

i only asked the question , thought thats what a forum was about .
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:25 pm
Bitter and twisted

So let these ppl post & we'll see

i only asked the question , thought thats what a forum was about .

Nothing wrong with asking a question.....and nothing wrong with anyone responding either.

Try doing a search....this question crops up pretty regularly.

G
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:35 pm
Bitter and twisted

Here is a little reading for you.

It seems that Australia has the second highest asthma rate in the world:

http://www.nationalasthma.org.au/HTM...1002.asp#facts

G
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:40 pm
Account Closed

G
thanks for that
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:45 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

australia made me want to feel healthier,with all the walking and outdoor life it made me feel as if i wanted to lose weight.i said to my wife i am not coming back here with all this weight on me .well i would hope that at the weigh in tomorrow i will of lost two stone

ast

Last edited by aston man; Feb 24th 2007 at 5:51 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aston man
australia made me want to feel healthier,with all the walking and outdoor life it made me feel as if i wanted to lose weight.i said to my wife i am not coming back here with all this weight on me .well i would hope that at the weigh in tomorrow i hope i will be at a two stone loss..

ast
Hey Aston , let us know how you get on ,

good luck & guess what some ppl experiance is a feel good factor than helps .

S
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search for eczema and you will find old posts by me and several others, both about good and bad effects of emigrating.
Personally my health is no 80% kr*p because of eczema between Sept and March, and 50% kr*p the rest of the year. Been back in England for 2 weeks and its 500 times better than when I left Aus - always is now when I come home. Go back to Aus on Wednesday and by the weekend I'll be as bad as when I left there 2 weeks ago. Can't go swimming in public pools, can't wear shorts, can't wear t-shirts, well not in Aus - its been fab over here - I've been walking round in the rain in a tshirt just cos I can!

So what healthy lifestyle are we talking about?????
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:18 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

G
But lets be honest. Thats probably down to the fact that obesity and lack of excercise is a predisposing factor and we've more than a few large wobblies who make regular trips to donut king here

Because asthma is usually triggered and many by pollen counts, exhaust emissions and so on, these things are generally lower here than in the UK where concentrations are higher in both population, flowering plans, cars and smoking areas. Perhaps that help people when they move here because the irritant that has been the trigger for years is greatly reduced.

Whereas a person with asthma who has lived here all thier life will still of course simply suffer from the local environment. We just have different triggers.

Thats my mad scientists theory for the day anyway
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:51 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

l was blind, deaf,dumb paralised in a wheelchair and dieing of terminal cancer
then as soon as l steped off the plane onto Aussie soil l could see, hear, speak, walk again and all my cancer had gone. True story OZ is an amazing place, must have been the fresh air and sunshine that did it.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Feb 24th 2007 at 8:56 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.