healthcare

Old Aug 28th 2004, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future
Question healthcare

Hi can anyone give me any info on medicare my 3 year old has a growth hormone problem and i need to know if we will have to pay for his treatment in oz hope someone can help im so confused by it all.
SonjaNTony :scared:
Old Aug 28th 2004, 11:21 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: healthcare

Originally Posted by SonjaNTony
Hi can anyone give me any info on medicare my 3 year old has a growth hormone problem and i need to know if we will have to pay for his treatment in oz hope someone can help im so confused by it all.
hi,
i can try to find out for you...
i am a practice nurse and a child at the surgery i work at has this problem. there is a system in place where the vaccines are sent to us and parents collect them.
i will ask them for you.....and pm you....
Old Aug 28th 2004, 11:24 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Have you got through the medicals for your visa yet?

If so then you will be eligible for medicare and presumably your child would get appropriate treatment.

Good luck

G
Old Aug 28th 2004, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future

Thank you both ,we are still in the early stages of emigrating just sent off TRA forms but i like to be organised(have to be with five kids).Its just i know this treatment runs in to thousands of pounds a year.
Thank you again
Sonja
Old Aug 28th 2004, 12:45 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both ,we are still in the early stages of emigrating just sent off TRA forms but i like to be organised(have to be with five kids).Its just i know this treatment runs in to thousands of pounds a year.
Thank you again
Sonja
Sonja
You need to be warned that the potential expense of ongoing treatment can be a factor in determining whether or not you get through the medicals. If one person on the application fails then the application will be rejected.

As medicare is a legal right it makes no difference if you have private insurance or are prepared to pay. A failed medical means a failed application.

It may not happen but you should be aware. It may be that an agent can advise you on this matter.
I do not know how your child's condition will be viewed.

Good luck

G
Old Aug 28th 2004, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi G
i didnt know that he may fail the medical i thought that would be just on terminal illness. We are using an agent so i will call him on monday
Thanks
Sonja
Old Aug 28th 2004, 1:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Hi G
i didnt know that he may fail the medical i thought that would be just on terminal illness. We are using an agent so i will call him on monday
Thanks
Sonja
Sonja
Not meaning to worry you but the expense of treatment is definitely a factor in the decision. I think they are bothered about anything costing more than $20000 per annum. This does not mean he will fail but it is a possibility.

If you are aware of an impending difficulty then it will help you be better prepared.
I think this has cropped up before so a search may be helpful.

Good luck

G
Old Aug 28th 2004, 1:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Sonja

Have a look at this:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...growth+hormone

G