health visitors

Old Oct 1st 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

janinebent is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up health visitors

Hi all,
does anybody know if 'health visitors' exist in Australia? I am a health visitor and and wish to gain a similar post. I do not know whether such a post exists and if not what alternatives are out there for me? Thanks loads.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health visitors

Hi,
There have been a couple of threads on health visitors in the past - try looking on the nursing section of the forum.

It depends which state you're going to as they are all different. I was a health visitor in the uk before we moved to Melbourne. Here in Vic there is a similar role called 'maternal and child health nurse' but the NBV require you to have a midwifery qualification to register (which I don't have...)

So for the moment I am district nursing, not too sure what to do long term. As I said, each state is different. If you know where you're going to move to, I would contact the relevant nursing board and ask them.

Good luck!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:42 am
Just Joined

janinebent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: health visitors

Hi, thanks for your help. I will try the nursing forum. I am not a midwife so I will probably struggle; you don't happen to know if I would qualifiy to be a school nurse as an alternative do you? Thanks anyway for replying, much appreciated.

Janine