Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

health undertaking

health undertaking

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default health undertaking

hi there,i will be moving to perth from scotland in dec this year,i received my p.r. visa feb 2003 on the provision that i get a health check within six weeks of having entered the country or the visa will be null and void,not to go into detail, the health problem i had, if atall,fortunately, was absolutely miniscule and was put on my medicals as an afterthought,i have a complete clean bill of health and wondered if this was worth the hassle,
if it will jeapordise my visa i'll just have to bite the bullet,but it would be easier to conveniently forget about this as i'll have enough to do for the first few weeks on arrival.
like to hear your thoughts,martin.
ps it wasn't an std or anything like that,so stop chuckling.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 1:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health undertaking

Originally Posted by fitz
hi there,i will be moving to perth from scotland in dec this year,i received my p.r. visa feb 2003 on the provision that i get a health check within six weeks of having entered the country or the visa will be null and void,not to go into detail, the health problem i had, if atall,fortunately, was absolutely miniscule and was put on my medicals as an afterthought,i have a complete clean bill of health and wondered if this was worth the hassle,
if it will jeapordise my visa i'll just have to bite the bullet,but it would be easier to conveniently forget about this as i'll have enough to do for the first few weeks on arrival.
like to hear your thoughts,martin.
ps it wasn't an std or anything like that,so stop chuckling.

Have you validated your visa?
Otherwise, if it was granted in Feb 2003, it's likely long gone.

Jeremy
Old Mar 4th 2005, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Bella3 is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner got his visa on the condition that he had a health check. We arrived in Oz June 2003 he called the number the week we got here, and they said to call back when he had a permanent address. I finally called at the end of 2004! and he had a letter to call into the Chest clinic in Perth at any time - he didn't - so they sent him a letter specifying a day (no time) and he went last Tuesday (almost 2 years after arriving). I made him go as I was worried him not going might impact on our citizenship application (maybe I'm paranoid). The Dr was happy with the x-ray and now he doesn't need to go back again - the Dr we spoke to when we found out about the problem in the Uk said he might have to go back for x-rays every couple of years.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

thanks for the replys,i validated my visa in may/june2003 so i've got plenty of time yet.