Reload this Page >

Health Undertaking

Health Undertaking

Old Jan 18th 2004, 5:02 pm
Anti- Mike Member

Glenn2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health Undertaking

Hi,
Could somebody explain exactly what a health undertaking is and who has to sign one.
My wife had to have her doc's sent to the Australian Medical Agency for assesment, and they have now requested more information, we are just a bit worried that she may need to validate her visa before april if a health undertakeing is required, when we planned to go in july / august

Thanks in advance

Glenn
Old Jan 18th 2004, 5:57 pm
Anti- Mike Member

Looks like nobody knows the answer.

Any ideas where we can find this info?

Cheers
Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know a health undertaking is required when someone has an illness/condition which needs further treatment/monitoring in Australia.This is not for usual conditions but where someone may have an illness which is transmissible or will get worse without proper treatment. The DIMIA website is a bit vague. Maybe the Australian health dept.woud be a better bet.The validation time is reduced to 6 months in such cases.
One or two on here have been through this process so may be able to explain better.

G
Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:16 pm
Anti- Mike Member

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
As my wife's illness was cancer, and she's had all the treatment she can have for it, she only needs regular check ups, 6 monthly at the moment.

Thanks again for the info, hopefully somebody who has had to sign a health undertaking will come along and add to this.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

delia is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been here in Perth for 7 weeks now and I had to sign a health undertaking. It meant that I had to register with the health authority within 4 weeks of arriving in the country. Your health undertaking will have a phone number on it to ring when you get here. I then got an appointment to have another x ray at the Royal Perth Hospital ( this was news to me as I thought it was because I declared that I was on medication for anxiety!!) it turns out that i had a slight mark on one of my lungs, which turned out to be a scar from chicken pox that I had 9 years ago when I was 29. The doctor was very nice and said that they were probably afraid that I might have TB or TB scarring but as I have never had TB they put it down to chickenpox.

Hope this helps

Delia
Old Jan 19th 2004, 1:04 pm
Anti- Mike Member

Thanks for the info Delia