Reload this Page >

Health and safety

Health and safety

Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:06 am
MOGGY

MOOGTHEFOOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health and safety

I would really like to no?
Has australia gone health and safety mad like the uk. I am talking from experience as i work as a bricklayer on site for alot of the big house builders eg. Bovis, Persimmon, wimpey, Taylor woodrow, you get the idea.
Basically do they make you wear a hard hat, viz-vest, boots, long trousers, gloves and on times goggles even when the temperature heads into the 30's, i mean no excuses put your hat on or get off site :curse:
The safety thing i no is there for your benefit, but for god sake they make you wear all this crap even when you are up on the scaffolding, close to passing out because you are wearing a plastic hat for 9 hours a day.
Anyway i am hopefully heading out to secret harbour area later this year, so could someone please tell me that i won't have a little hitler telling me to put my plastic hat on all day.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health and safety

Originally Posted by MOOGTHEFOOD
Has australia gone health and safety mad like the uk. I am talking from experience as i work as a bricklayer on site for alot of the big house builders eg. Bovis, Persimmon, wimpey, Taylor woodrow, you get the idea.
Basically do they make you wear a hard hat, viz-vest, boots, long trousers, gloves and on times goggles even when the temperature heads into the 30's, i mean no excuses put your hat on or get off site :curse:
The safety thing i no is there for your benefit, but for god sake they make you wear all this crap even when you are up on the scaffolding, close to passing out because you are wearing a plastic hat for 9 hours a day.
Anyway i am hopefully heading out to secret harbour area later this year, so could someone please tell me that i won't have a little hitler telling me to put my plastic hat on all day.
I'd get used to wearing it if I were you......
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:21 am
Just Joined

pendleman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MOOGTHEFOOD
For goodness sake - site management just can't win.
Who is your family going to blame when you're on the head injuries ward dribbling at the mouth not knowing who you or your family are? They won't blame you that's for sure - no money in that!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

maybe on the big sites, but friday i was walking along wallplates with a roof truss then bending down to nail it single story but never the less a bit scary
no scaffold or bandstands
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

Originally Posted by pendleman
For goodness sake - site management just can't win.
Who is your family going to blame when you're on the head injuries ward dribbling at the mouth not knowing who you or your family are? They won't blame you that's for sure - no money in that!
True, but there is a point where it all becomes well over the top. I remember the sites back in london where they banned steps justifying it by quoteing statistics about falls. Fair enough, but whats the alternative? a stupid mini tower with outriggers that your supposed to haul up to the 4th floor of a site just to do a 5min job. All that happens is people improvise and all around site you see these suspicious looking scaff boards with nogins nailed to them!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

i have just come off a site where there must of been 20 eastern europeans who couldnt speak the queens english.just wondering how they passed the health and safety test and read the safety acts before entering site ect.

in another case years ago a friend of mine broke hes foot on site and he never got a penny because he never had hes hardhat on...just the way it is im affaid