Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Health Question - Heart Murmor

Health Question - Heart Murmor

Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:14 pm
kennyp

kennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant future
Default Health Question - Heart Murmor

In the process of filling out our skills form, but before we send them off I just thought I'd see if anybody was aware of how strict the medical side of things are for getting into Oz. We are both going for the 136 visa but I have a heart murmor, it doesn't stop me doing anything and is fairly common. Just means I have to take a tablet a day and have a qucik visit with the hospital on a yearly basis. Would this be an issue for our application? If I found out know that this was a showstopper then it could save me a bit of money I guess.

Cheers

Kenny
Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Question - Heart Murmor

Originally Posted by kennyp
In the process of filling out our skills form, but before we send them off I just thought I'd see if anybody was aware of how strict the medical side of things are for getting into Oz. We are both going for the 136 visa but I have a heart murmor, it doesn't stop me doing anything and is fairly common. Just means I have to take a tablet a day and have a qucik visit with the hospital on a yearly basis. Would this be an issue for our application? If I found out know that this was a showstopper then it could save me a bit of money I guess.

Cheers

Kenny

It may be an idea to get in touch with an agent as they will be able to give you a good indication of whether it will be a problem or not.

If you post this in here you may also get a few more answers.

Good luck
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same thing and our panel doc suggested that if I had seen a cardiologist recently (which I do yearly) to bring a letter from him stating that the heart condition is nothing serious and should not be a detriment to your ability to work and lead a normal healthy life. I also take a daily tablet plus a low dose ASA and our panel doc said nothing to worry about. Mostly they are interested in conditions which will cost the health care system money or render you unable to work in the future.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:02 pm
kennyp

kennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant futurekennyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dotnron
I have the same thing and our panel doc suggested that if I had seen a cardiologist recently (which I do yearly) to bring a letter from him stating that the heart condition is nothing serious and should not be a detriment to your ability to work and lead a normal healthy life. I also take a daily tablet plus a low dose ASA and our panel doc said nothing to worry about. Mostly they are interested in conditions which will cost the health care system money or render you unable to work in the future.

Thanks. I figured that would be the case, but the whole process seems so picky that I wasn't sure they would jump on you for anything. I will cross that one of my list of worries....................for now.