Reload this Page >

Health Insurance in SYD

Health Insurance in SYD

Old Mar 17th 2008, 1:08 am
RND
Just Joined

RND is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Health Insurance in SYD

Anyone can suggest me some good health insurance packages / companies for family? Medicare doesn't support a lot of things.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:11 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance in SYD

Originally Posted by RND
Anyone can suggest me some good health insurance packages / companies for family? Medicare doesn't support a lot of things.
Welcome to the forum

It's a big, and involved/complicated issue. It involves taxes and your taxable income, Medicare itself and also the availability of hospitals and doctors.

Be aware that insurance doesn't cover what it would in the UK: it *says* it pays the difference between the medicare payment and the actual doctors' fees but this is economical with the truth. It actually only pays the difference between a doctor's MEDICARE ASSESSED fee and the amount that Medicare will fund - a percentage of that. Since most doctors' fees are well in excess of the Medicare assessed amount the difference is paid by YOU - and it often amounts to many thousands of $$ - when you are "Insured"!

Do a search on the forum threads....