Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Health insurance: Approved dentists....

Health insurance: Approved dentists....

Old Oct 29th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Health insurance: Approved dentists....

Some companies offer better rebates on 'recognised' dentists.
HBF for example give 60% back if we use a dentist on their list. We only get about 25% back currently.

Now, what goes in these relationships? I wonder if the dentists are sub-par and therefore can't shaft the public as much as a non-recognised dentist can - hence they team up with the health insurer.

But I'm hoping that somebody on here has some inside knowledge and can give me the low-down....Anybody?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Health insurance: Approved dentists....

I use dentists on my health insurance list. We have the top extras cover and by using one on the list we don't have to pay any gap costs to walk out from each check up without paying any extra.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spottydog
I use dentists on my health insurance list. We have the top extras cover and by using one on the list we don't have to pay any gap costs to walk out from each check up without paying any extra.
Which health insurance is this?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:52 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

No inside info, I'm afraid, but we have Medibank Visitors Cover and don't pay anything towards check-ups or cleans. I had 2 x-rays and 2 small fillings and paid $12.

I used a Members' Choice dentist. I've had numerous dentists over the years, a mouthful of dental work including 17 or 18 crowns, and I thought she was fine.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Perthine
Which health insurance is this?

Its via a former employer (CBA) the fund is called cbhs