Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Health insurance

Health insurance

Old Jun 24th 2007, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Default Health insurance

Hi Guys,

My health insurance has been going up and up over recent times and has now reached a ridiculous level!
We are a young family of 4 wanting top cover...we are currently with Medibank private and are paying over $270 per month
Can anyone recommend a better policy...I've tried all those search engine things and the one they are advertising on the radio but the policies all see similar.
Thanks,
Tanya
I'm probably just being stingy
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:31 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health insurance

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hi Guys,

My health insurance has been going up and up over recent times and has now reached a ridiculous level!
We are a young family of 4 wanting top cover...we are currently with Medibank private and are paying over $270 per month
Can anyone recommend a better policy...I've tried all those search engine things and the one they are advertising on the radio but the policies all see similar.
Thanks,
Tanya
I take it you aren't getting stung with the loading. We pay 193 per month for the SmartPlus with Medicare. Got it just as our years grace was up.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 25th 2007, 2:50 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Tanya

have you tried www.iselect.com.au ? we have hosp and ancillary cover and pay $84 a fortnight (fam of 4) thats with the $500 excess and you dont have to pay the excess for the kids, thats through GMHBA
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
have you tried www.iselect.com.au ? we have hosp and ancillary cover and pay $84 a fortnight (fam of 4) thats with the $500 excess and you dont have to pay the excess for the kids, thats through GMHBA
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info...I'll have a good search around tonight once the kids are in bed!
Tanya
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Tanya

Were on medibank private, only pay around 227 month, it sounds like the level below you, however with 3 kids we found it excellent, would claim most of the annual fee back just on the dentist

Eldest sons working now so no longer covered on our policy I told him to take out private but no, and now hes up for about 1500 to remove wisdom teeth, pays to have it.

We get a corporate discount for being building practitioners, many other professions will get discount too, arnt you a nurse? look into it.

There are much cheaper policies, and they cover jack squat when you claim had a woman in front of us at the dentist last month her policy covered $200 of dental, right fat lot of use that would be here then. As always read the fine print.

Last edited by jad n rich; Jun 25th 2007 at 7:47 am.