Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

health insurance

health insurance

Old May 8th 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

websters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the rough
Post health insurance

would i have to set up health insurance b4 going to oz,i have type 2 diabetes,tablet controlled?
Old May 10th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

websters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: health insurance

would i have to set up health insurance b4 going to oz,i have type 2 diabetes,tablet controlled?
Old May 12th 2007, 12:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health insurance

Originally Posted by websters
Not sure if you can do so before you go to Australia. What kind of visa will you have?
Old May 12th 2007, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Not sure if you can do so before you go to Australia. What kind of visa will you have?
we only in very early stages,just getting sorted with a job for hubby as hes the one that qualifies for sponsorship,I'm just the spouse!!!!!! so i got time to find lots of things out and how to go about them and this question is my main concern.
I suppose nothing can be sorted til i get there,we will see,
thanks anyway
Old May 12th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Think you have to set it up on arrival.

But I found that most say they wont cover the condition for the first 12months!

These look ok for insurance, but again told me 12months wait until condition covered.

http://www.medibank.com.au/

If your from the UK you should be covered for emergeny medical in public hospitals by the UK/AUS agreement. Need to take your passport and visa to medicare office.

GEMS
Old May 13th 2007, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gems
Think you have to set it up on arrival.

But I found that most say they wont cover the condition for the first 12months!

These look ok for insurance, but again told me 12months wait until condition covered.

http://www.medibank.com.au/

If your from the UK you should be covered for emergeny medical in public hospitals by the UK/AUS agreement. Need to take your passport and visa to medicare office.

GEMS
thanx,